Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I have decided to start posting Menu Plan Monday so I can get organized in my life. We "go" a lot and if I don't sit down, write it out and plan it, we'll eat Chick-fil-A all week. While I'm not totally against that idea, it's just not a healthy option and sitting down as a family to eat is important to me. This is a short week because I am leaving out of town on Friday and Big Daddy will be hanging with the kids. Both have lots of activities planned this weekend, and we're planning accordingly.


Mon: Chicken Katherine (recipe posted at bottom of post), rice, and peas

Tues: Pot Roast in the Crock Pot w/carrots, onions, potatoes

Wed: Leftovers

Thurs: Sweet Chili (recipe posted below)

Fri: Princess has Bday Party, Big Daddy and Wild Child will probably have breakfast for dinner! WC's favorite

Sat: PIZZA!

Sun: Rotisserie Chicken and mixed vegetables

Chicken Katherine
4 chicken breasts
1/2 stick butter
1 package neufchatel or cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use low-fat)
1 pack - Good Seasonings dry italian dressing mix
Dash of white wine

Melt cream cheese until smooth.
Add butter, soup, white wine, & dressing mix.
Mix until well blended.
Put chicken in cassarole dish and pour cream cheese mixture on top.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Sweet Chili
1 lb ground beef or meat of choice (we've used ground turkey before also)
1 can Bush Chili Magic (I use mild)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans
Brown sugar to taste

Brown meat, drain, rinse and transfer to crock pot
Add Chili Magic, tomatoes, and chili beans - do not drain
Let cook in crock pot for 4-6 hrs. With an hr left, add brown sugar to your liking. We like ours sweet ~ so I add 2-3 tablespoons. Once thickened, serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream!

*** Just got home from grocery store and I spent $58 TOTAL for groceries for the week, including some household items we needed and lunch items for Princess. I inventoried our pantry before I left and ONLY bought what I needed ****

5 comments:

DD said...

I'm so impressed that you did this! You go girl!!!

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

i do this too. My BFF used to kid me about it until i forced her to hand over her takeout receipts and grocery bill and i had her beat by about $300 a month. THEN i got her attn - now she does it too.

BTW - Dishy Dec above - you resemble the the desperate housewives chick in your profile pic - CUTE!

Lauren said...

Can I come over for dinner????? :)

Shawn said...

Something is very very wrong! I just returned from the grocery store too but my total was $227.25!

Next week, I'm giving you my list and the debit card because I QUIT!!!!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Found your blog through Just Dandy!!