Thursday, November 17, 2011

Banana Split Cupcakes

So....apparently I think I'm Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart and I decided to bust out some Banana Split Cupcakes for a company dessert contest. I had my first banana split cupcake a week ago and LEMME TELL YOU - divine! I knew I wouldn't be able to recreate that particular one because it had a ganache topping and yeah, well, no. So I googled banana split cupcakes and found this recipe at www.heatovento350.net ... And they are awesome!!

Ok - so here's the recipe:

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup banana - mashed
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Frosting:
One tub vanilla frosting
One tub Fluff

Preheat oven to 350. Set aside 2 tbs cake mix. Mix remaining cake mix, eggs, banana and water until smooth. In separate bowl, drain and chop cherries. I laid mine out on a paper towel to absorb as much moisture as possible. Mix reserved cake mix into cherries. Add chocolate chips and slowly add to batter.

This truly makes 30 regular size cupcakes. Spoon batter into cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove once fork/toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

For frosting: mix one tub vanilla frosting and one tub Fluff. I put mine in a ziplock bag and snipped off the end and piped on to the cooled cupcake. Then I topped with a maraschino cherry - with a stem!

Enjoy!! These are fantastic!

2 comments:

Chell said...

These look YUMMO!!!

anafe said...

It looks yummy. Thanks for the tip on how to do it

the walking dead comic