Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Card Cubby .....

While out with my sister several weeks ago, digging thru my purse to find my Am Ex, she commented that I needed to 'get organized' -- that is the story of my life, y'all -- and one I am passionately pursuing -- time just gets the best of me and I would rather sit and watch HGTV, dreaming about all the things I want to do to our home, tweet, facebook, etc etc etc -- when I really need to be organizing my life, but I digress. My purse is a plethora of cards, all kinds, but they are strewn about not in any real 'place' and it takes me a good 5 min to find whatever card I'm looking for when I need it - so much so, that I've been known to sit in my car, find the card/rewards card/coupon, whatever - before I go into the store, in order to save embarrassement at the checkout counter.

Jenn was very excited about a 'gift' she found that was PERFECT for me -- SO SO PERFECT she exclaimed. Seriously? What could she find that I would need SO desparately.

She literally skipped over Thursday night with a small box in hand, tearing through it as she walked through the door -PROUDLY handing me my 'gift' ....

Enter - The Card Cubby






Y'all - it was like the heavens parted and God sent a little angel in the form of a hot pink 'wallet looking thing' to organize my life. One of my BIGGEST downfalls (my highly disorganized purse) is now fixed. I dumped out my purse on the kitchen table and started organizing my cards - I have a LOT of rewards cards, a couple gift cards, a couple credit cards and a few coupons. It was so great to just put them all in there and KNOW they're organized. I do have a wallet -- a nice one -- but it never shuts right and the stuff never ended back up in there anyway. I'm proud to say, my cards have made their way back into the Card Cubby each time.

So go out and getcha one -- Jenn found them cheaper at QVC -- but they make great gifts!! Trust me, I KNOW!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

They come two in a set on QVC.com or you can buy online OR see if you can find at a local shop. They run abt $20.....so worth it! Glad you love it!! XOXO

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I'm obsessed. Need this!

Sassy In The South said...

I need one!

Dishy Decorator said...

Oh I like that!!! I have a similar thing I keep in my purse (without the dividers) for my receipts. I currently have a hole punched in the corner of all my grocery store cards, reward cards, etc. I thing string them on one of the open/close rings that you get in the office supply store. It works really well, because you can just pulled them all out at the same time.

Great job Jenn!

Shawn said...

Th at is very cool! However, the real test will come in a few weeks when I ask you to send me a picture of your purse. Will all of the receipts and cards be scattered in your purse or in this very cute pink the card cubby? You know I love ya, I'm just keepin' it real!

Heather said...

Okay, I have to have one of these. I have a zipper case, but all my cards are still just dumped in there in no particular order. This is genius.