Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm BACK!

First of all, the event was AMAZING! I have to say, Shawn and I did it and we went out with a BANG! We have both decided to pass the baton on next year, as this was our 3rd year. Everything, well almost everything, went perfectly! I'll share more of that later ~ but to my friends that read this blog, that were at the event, I will say this:

The dove, IN CHRISTIAN CULTURE, signifies HOPE

Y'all should get a good laugh out of that -- I'm not trying to be funny, but like I said, I'll explain more later!


Well, as promised, my martini party is this Friday! I have been working SO hard getting the house ready. Chad has been out of town and so I've been able to really get at it. I can't wait until he gets home, because he does help out a lot and never complains. He does require some 'nudging' but he gets it done.

Here is my guest bedroom - I wanted to go for a beachy, dreamy feel and I think I got it:


The armoire was a medium wood with dark brown accents -- I painted it cream and then literally rubbed the glaze over it.  I wanted it to look like it had been sitting on a beach for years and years.  I added the appliques' (CHEAP) and the knobs.  There is a glare on the armoire ... it's not lighter.  I also need to add something to that apothecary jar up there -- any ideas?  That mirror used to be with a dresser and I painted and distressed it -- so glad I never got rid of it.   I love grabbing things from other places in the house and re-using them in other rooms.  It really does allow for a 'change' without spending any money!



This is the view from the doorway.  EVERYTHING is stuff I already had.  This is a small room, so I couldn't fit a whole lot in here, but it works for what I need it for.  You can see a bit of the hardwood floors we installed over the summer -- again, everything purchased on clearance and ridiculously cheap!

I'm so happy with the way this room turned out.  I do have fabric for a duvet and dust ruffle that are brown toile, but I have to wait until I see my Mom -- too scared to sew it and ruin the fabric! 

Tomorrow:  PLAY ROOM!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (those are just for you). Can't wait to see it all Friday night.

~ the dove hmmmm ~ I thought for sure you would have quoted Buddha. We will ever learn to not hand the mic over?

Rachel Spence said...

Room looks great Nat! I love those curtains!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.