Thursday, February 4, 2010

..... stuff ......


First of all, the winner of the lotion is fncycwgrl ~ email me your address to: natalienbrock{at}gmail{dot}com so I can get your lotion out to you!!


SO last night I was involved in a car accident - it wasn't my fault {thank goodness}.

The harsh reality of this accident is this - the guy that hit me was drunk ... at 7:30pm.

I'm not making accusations, he was arrested at the scene. I was taken to the hospital after fear of a fractured pelvis - luckily no fractures, but a butt (no pun intended) load of pain.

My friend Shawn met Big Daddy at the scene to take our kids. Luckily, I was by myself when the accident happened. My biggest fear was my kids seeing me being wheeled into the ambulance. I spent many hours in the ER, a lot of it by myself because I had NO phone and no way to contact anyone to come up there and sit with me. Big Daddy stayed at the scene to wrap everything up and get all the details from the guy that hit me. Luckily, he has great car insurance and so do I, so I'm not worried about that.

A friend of mine made a comment to me today, that kind of hit me hard. She said "I wonder what was going on in this guy's life that would cause him to drink and be DRUNK by 7:30 at night - get in car and risk not only his own life, but the lives of other people on the road".

When I went to pick up my rental car today, my car was sitting in the parking lot. I stopped and looked at it in the broad daylight. THAT freaked me out. Just looking at the damage, to the front and the rear (yes, I was pushed into a car in front of me) - made me realize that your whole life can change - in 10 seconds. 10 seconds before the guy hit me, I was sitting at a red light, looking at my nails, commenting in my head that I needed a manicure. 10 seconds later, I'm screaming, grabbing my face (because I saw a flash) thinking my air bags had deployed. Panic quickly went over me and I realized I had been hit.

When I was laying in the hospital bed, I was immobilized. I couldn't do anything but look up. I laid there and I started crying .... and then I started praying. I thanked God for sparing me. I thanked Him for protecting me and those around me. I thanked Him for being there for me when I was alone and by myself.

Let me tell you, those board things they strap you to - they SUCK. I had the BEST xray technician though and he gave me a clean sheet to lay on (the one that was under me was COVERED in dirt b/c they had to lay me down on the ground). THEN he gave me a WARM hospital blanket. I don't know about y'all, but those are the BEST things EVER!!!

I say all that to say this: Your life can change in 10 seconds. Live it to the best of your ability, with no regrets.

9 comments:

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

I have to say I have recently become a big fan of your blog and follow you on twitter as well. I love country music (including CB-they play "yes" SO much in san diego, btw ;)) and just enjoy your positive energy.

I was thinking of you yesterday on my drive home at about 3pm CA time, wondering if you had posted the link to your church's website, because I was so interested in the 5 Second Kiss idea. Once I got home, I couldn't believe that you had been involved in an accident! I am SO glad you are ok. I know I don't know you, but through your blog I know you are a fantastic person! How scary!

I was able to find your church's website and watched the entire video. So powerful. I LOVE the pastor of your church. They were great! Even as a newlywed, I really got a lot out of it, and I wanted to thank you for talking about it.

Also-total side note, but I happen to be an attorney, and strongly urge you to get an attorney (if you haven't already done so) for your accident. Not out of greed or spite, but just to protect yourself and your long term health and well being.

So glad you are ok!!! Sorry for such a long comment!

Sole Matters said...

I love that when you realized the severity of everything and you started to cry, that you prayed. I hope that everything with you will be okay and that you wont have any aches and pains later from the wreck. Thank God you were alone and your kids weren’t with you.

Debi said...

OMG! I have been out of town...I'm calling you right now! DD

DD said...

My sweet friend, I'm so glad you're okay. Like I said last night, you have the favor of God. Take care and get some rest.

SouthernBelleJM said...

I'm so glad you're okay. You were definitely on my mind last night. Get better soon;)

Lauren said...

Ohhh my word Natalie, this gave me chills. I am so incredibly glad and thanking God that you are okay!!!!!!! WOW.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm so glad you're okay. such a scary thing! i've been thinking about you and your sweet family so much lately. i'm so happy that God took great care of you and wrapped His arms around you so tightly!

Kenj said...

I know I have told you on twitter, but I am so glad you are ok.! Prayers are being sent your way.!

kado! said...

hope you are feeling better...that was scary! You have been in my thoughts since I read this post...hope things are well!