Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Monday .... is back {thank goodness}

I REALLY need to quit posting only once/week ~ with everything that has been going on in our home, it's just been crazy! I can't wait to lay it all out here on the blog ..... it's coming - promise.

Anyway - we have company coming this week, so Menu Monday will be brought to you by the fine folks over at Crock Pot. Yes, it's going to be a week full of crock pot menus b/c that's just easier when you have 4 add'l people in your home - right?

Monday

Subs (thanks to a VERY picky 5 yr old, who only eats cereal and subs, we'll be having sub sandwiches in his honor Monday night. Princess has cheerleading until 7:30, so it's just easier!)

Tuesday

Pork Tenderloin slow-cooked w/mojo seasoning
Black Beans ~ if you have a smaller crock pot, throw these in there w/some Goya seasoning (w/o Annatto) and let me tell you what ... YUM! Add some vinegar too ... that controls the toots!
Yellow Rice
Salad

Wednesday

Polynesian Chicken - ANOTHER FAVORITE of my family as well as my sister's family that is visiting

** Cook chicken breasts covered in cream of mushroom soup for 6-8 hrs on LOW **
Top w/sour cream, crushed pineapple and serve over rice

Salad

Thursday

Taco Soup

I got this recipe from my in-real-life friend, GRITS ... it seriously is TO DIE FOR!!
Taco Soup
1lb ground beef or turkey (I prefer turkey...you can't tell the difference once it's all mixed together and it's healthier)
1/2 diced yellow onion
1 can mild rotel
1 can of corn
1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 packet dry ranch mix (I use the dry DIP not the dressing)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can of black beans (you can use any beans, really)

Brown the meat and onion in a large pot and drain excess grease (turkey shouldn't have much if any). Add ranch and taco seasoning to meat. Pour remaining ingredients into pot- DO NOT DRAIN CANS (I DO drain the black beans, though). Add a few cans of water until it's soupy enough for your liking. Let it simmer or at LEAST 30 minutes before eating.

You can add more of anything that you like....but the longer it cooks, the better it'll get.

Top w/cheddar cheese and sour cream if you like

Friday

Turkey {we have a smoker & will put a small turkey on}
Squash casserole
green beans
salad

Saturday

PIZZA


Hope you all have a great week!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

This is totally NOT food related but just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you!! :)

Shawn said...

My favorite menu items when we have guests can actually be found on a MENU!

I can't to see you and Jenn while she's here before I sail away for a MUCH NEEDED vacay!

GreenGal said...

I love how you plan your meals for the week - so efficient and timesaving, I'm sure!

I see that you decided not to become a vegetarian/vegan after watching Fast Food Nation - may I ask why? I know you have a lot of readers and I was hoping you'd shed some light for them on factory farms and slaughterhouse cruelty.

Come visit my blog anytime! I'd love to chat with you about what you thought about the movie.

-GreenGal

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Taco Soup, but my recipe has A LOT more stuff in it. I am going to have to try this one. I still need to try your other recipes, I am so tired of the same stuff week after week.

Ber

Kenj said...

You got me at Taco Soup.! Holy smokes I must try this.!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

In This Wonderful Life said...

thanks for sharing :) I want to try that taco soup!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

The Taco Soup recipe sounds great! Am going to try this.
(Also laughing at "controls the toots"...)