Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ritz Chix Weekend

My annual Girls Trip was just a few weeks ago ~ hence why I probably had my emotional last post. It was a short weekend trip to celebrate the birthdays of 2 of my dearest friends. We do it EVERY YEAR and this is our 4th year. We set up camp at a Ritz Carlton -- our initial plan was to go to a different Ritz Carlton every year, and we were doing that, but when we landed at the one in Naples LAST year, we decided we would forever converge upon that beautiful property year after year ... at least until they tell us we can't come back! {or I convince them the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta would be fun *cough cough*}.


Ahhhh, but you have this to look at every single morning .... who wouldn't want that?



Me and my sister from another mister ..... if I had a dollar for every time someone asked if we were sisters, well, you know the drill.



Our first night - these girls provided so many belly laughs ... I can't even begin to list .. and I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about them all.


This was "upon arrival" -- this is standard and customary. Welcome cocktail in the club level!

The food is always spectacular - this was just one of MANY dessert options. {BUT it ALWAYS seems to be seafood at dinner ... always. AND for those of you that know me, know I pretty much starved -- so it was off to the hotel bar to get a cheeseburger - the BEST bacon cheeseburger ever}


and we ALWAYS meet someone interesting on these trips ... this year these 2 ladies were staying all the way from NY. They stopped to talk to us and then ended up sitting with us for the evening. It was so nice to listen to THEIR stories and how they've been best friends for over 30yrs and every year, they go to a Ritz Carlton and stay for the weekend and have been doing it for more years than they can remember. How awesome is THAT?!

I realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful women in my life. I have some absolutely FABULOUS friends that tell it like it is and keep me grounded.

I've also met some A-MAZ-ING women thru blogging and twitter and have been fortunate enough to meet several of them in real life. More on THAT coming soon .....

9 comments:

Sassy In The South said...

What a great tradition to have! I might steal this one for myself one day. I am glad you all had a fabulous time, you deserve it after a hectic year of moving and all :)

Lauren said...

So fun!!!!! Nothing beats a good girl's weekend!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!!! I love a good girl's weekend. Nothing like it for the soul :) xoxox

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Awww, what an amazing trip!! Gorgeous and fun pics! :) Such a blessing!

Shawn said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time, you deserved it!

m. said...

love these pics!! you look so gorge!

Casey said...

Girls weekends are SO much fun!

And I can't believe that your friend isn't realated to you in any way. It looks like you could be a triplet instead of a twin!

Kelly said...

Love your blog
New follower

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Very cool that you and your friends make the time to do this. Nothing gets you feeling back like yourself better than good times with good friends!