Monday, August 2, 2010

~ TRUTH ~

So I've been a little non-existent in the blogosphere lately .... new{ish} town, new home, new job, new friends, you get it.

I honestly have not felt motivated to blog - at all - until just a few days ago. I'm really going thru a 'different' time and just felt like anything I posted would be blah blah boring. I wouldn't say it's a difficult time, but it's different. I am blessed to be back in an area where I already had friends. I also moved into a neighborhood where I had been visiting for the past 5 yrs, and so I was familiar with the ladies here. Which, yes, I know, I am LUCKY..... but I miss my friends in Tampa. Bad.

I miss impromptu Target runs.

I miss meeting up for dinner because after the 5th phone call of the day, we figure we might as well just eat dinner together.

I miss celebrating birthdays - because that is something we ALWAYS do - my group of friends. I'm not there anymore and it's not THEIR fault, but it doesn't mean that I don't WANT to be there and it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt my heart a little that I just physically CAN'T be there.

I miss going for Rt 44 Cokes and DDPs.

I miss meeting up on a Sunday afternoon and hanging out by the pool.

I miss meeting the girls at the gym for Body Pump {yes, I really do miss this}.

I miss wine tasting parties .... that always ended up with less wine tasting and more party.

I miss laughing so hard my sides hurt.

I miss church -- I miss it SO SO much that I cried the entire time while watching online this past weekend - but I miss our church family even more.

I miss having friends over for dinner because I've made too much or I feel like making 'beer can chicken' and know they love it as much as we do.

Most of all, I miss being able to get a hug from a girlfriend that 'gets me'.

Please don't mistake this for a 'poor me' post - it is not. I am just being real. I miss my girlfriends more than I ever thought I would. I have moved a lot ... and my home in Florida was probably one of the most impactful times in my life. I came to know Jesus more and fell comfortably into a way of life. I am so grateful for that time. The friendships I made there will be ones for life. For that I am sure.

This is a new beginning and one I'm finally facing head on. I have some amazing ladies in my life here in GA and I am looking forward to nourishing those relationships. I'm happy to be back in my 'home'town and near my sister and my parents. I'm happy to be able to see my BFF & mentor whenever I want, who is guiding me in my new career.

But I left a small piece of my heart in Tampa .... and I'm ok with that.

12 comments:

DrayaAnn said...

I know exactly how you feel. I felt like I left a piece of my heart in New Orleans when I moved back home to Illinois. It's hard to miss your friends so much, even with the great new changes you have going on with your life in GA. I think only time makes things easier.I'm sending my best wishes your way that you'll get through the sadness of missing Tampa, but I know that your new life will hold so many great things to look forward too.

Lauren said...

Girl….. I know Tampa misses you too!!!!! {{HUGS}}. Really wish we could have gotten to connect while you were here, but we’ll always have the gas station, HAHA!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love you, friend!

Design Apprentice said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough go at it with your big move. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you start feeling more at home.

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Love you. You know "we" (your OTHER girls) are always here for you.

Shawn said...

I now have a lump in my throat and an ache in my heart for my friend I miss so much!

I hate that you're not 10 minutes down the road. I hate that I drink my DDP's alone. I hate that there's no little boy in the mix of my craziness. I hate that I mailed you an invitation to a party I know you won't be able to attend. I hate that we can't/don't talk 20 times a day. I hate that I was the only one that didn't get a hug good-bye.

I love that you're near your other half, Mom, Dad and brother. I love that you love your job. I love that you have great friends, both old and new. I love that you have the house you've always wanted and deserve. I love that you're happy.

Know that I think of you often, love you like another sister and cannot wait to find a string of open days on my calendar for a visit!

Petunia said...

Aww, sweet post! I miss you!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

hugs! :)

Scarlett said...

Aw! Sending you prayers as you get through this change in your life!

I passed on a blog award to you over on my blog. Please check it out when you can! Thanks! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I know how tough moving can be. But it sounds like you have some amazing friends that you can go back and visit with. Good luck continuing to adjust to your move. It will get better soon!

m. said...

this post made me teary--so happy for this new stage in life, but hurting for you too. you have so much to look forward to! I'm excited for you :)

Anonymous said...

nice blog
http://kiona-machit.blogspot.com/