Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Exciting news ....

We've had some exciting things happen in our house the past week {or so}.

Big Daddy left his job of 4.5 yrs at the radio station to finally pursue his passion! He is now Director of Programming for a network called The Country Network. You can find it at www.tcncountry.com and if I have any followers that live in the Montgomery/Troy, AL area, it can be found on Channel 48. They are working HARD at getting national distribution and it won't be long. We have total faith in God that He has led us to this and will bring us through it and make it work.

With that being said ~ I've placed myself on a shopping ban for the ENTIRE month of March. I'm talking nothing but essentials. I have SO much and feel guilty for having so much, honestly. SO, I'm cleaning out my closet and the kids closets and donating, giving to friends, etc and NOT replacing. I'm terrible about going to Wal-Mart or Target and grabbing a few extra things that I really just don't need. I don't have room for all the clothes I own. Princess has more clothes than she can wear and Wild Child is content playing games on his xBox, so why go add more junk to the pile!? Right?

I even have an accountability partner ~ so we're doing this TOGETHER! RIGHT, PIPM?

I do have more news, but I'm not at liberty to share QUITE yet. I'm not pregnant, nothing like that - but until everything is SIGNED, SEALED, and DELIVERED, I don't want to share quite yet on the blog!

Happy Tuesday, my sweets!

6 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Wow! Things are a'changin' over there. Big Daddy's new job sounds very exciting and I'm so happy for you guys.
Good luck with your shopping fast. I'm sure you can do it.
(I peeped over at your partner's blog... cute pix from your road trip!)
:)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting time in your life! I wish you guys all the best, and I am sure y'all will be very successful with the new venture. Good luck with the shopping ban! I am currently in one myself (and will be for a while)!! It sucks, but it is doable :-)

Cas said...

So much exciting news lately!! I started a budget 3/1 and so far so good : )Good luck to you and PIPM

Cas

Jess said...

Congrats on his new job!!!

I was hanging with his old gang at St Jude seminar and thought about you guys and the "changes" you've been hinting at lately. I didn't want to ask, though, because I wasn't sure where things stood.

Anyway, I'm keeping you all in my prayers!

SouthernBelleJM said...

How exciting!!! I'm just glad you'll be closer:) I'm sure it will all work out for the best. Such good news for y'all!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

First time commenter on your blog...Congrats on all the exciting news!

Good luck on the shopping ban...that is hard for me too. Especially when at Target!