Monday, April 26, 2010

Today .... was the day!

A few posts ago, I talked about our new home in Georgia ... and how it came about.


Well now it's officially OURS!



I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are to start this new chapter in our life! It won't OFFICIALLY start until after Princess and Wild Child get out of school, BUT it will be here before we know it. All in all, it was a relatively SMOOTH process! There were a couple nutty things that happened, that I, of course, blew completely out of proportion, while Big Daddy rolled his eyes at me and told me not to worry about it. Of course, he was right.

I snapped this picture with my phone the last time we were in GA visiting. How wonderful it was to just walk around the corner from my sister's house and be at our home. I see 2 big planters flanking either side of the door but I also see trick-or-treaters, sitting on the top step watching the kids play, and most DEFINITELY a family picture as soon as we settle permanently.

But do you see the light at the top? Funny, isn't it? I think it's beautiful and it makes me smile just looking at it - knowing all we went through just to get here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mama!! So happy for you all! xoxo

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

This is SO exciting! And I love that you and your sis get to live so close!! Congratulations again!!!

Lauren said...

Soooooo excited for ya'll!!!!!!! God is so good!!! :)

Ashley Turner said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! Congratulations! Really happy for you!

Shawn said...

I cannot wait to see it and pick out my room.

Such a double sided sword!

No amount of distance or lapse of time can come between good friends!

I love you!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Oh my goodness, that's so exciting!! I live in GA, so we will have to meet up!! The house looks gorgeous just from that tiny pic. I am so happy for you and the fam, and I know that you will make that house your *home* in a very short time!!

Samma said...

Yay!!!!! I adore the front porch- know that the house is going to be wonderful. The stone is gorgeous! So happy that y'all closed.

Buckhead Belle said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Have been thinking about you lots!!! So excited for you and happy that the process is finally over! Happy packing.

Brandi said...

Welcome home! We live in Woodstock, happy to have another Georgian around! :)

Anonymous said...

Love love LOVE it! It looks like a gorgeous house. Can't wait until you get back here!!!!

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

WOO to the HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Congrats woman - this is the right move!

angsamp said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Also so happy that you'll be close to your family!!

ALR said...

Congratulations on the house! I can't wait to see more. I am sure you will make great memories there.

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

How exciting! It looks gorgeous!

sanjeet said...

This is SO exciting
PPC Advertising India