Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Packing ....

Where have I been? Packing ... packing ... and more packing!! We move in just about a week. I can not even believe it's here! We do not have the luxury of having a moving company come in, pack us up, and move us, so it's Brock and Brock Movers taking over this one - and I have to say we're doing a great job! I made a schedule and got an amazing 'tip list' from my IRL friend, The Dishy Decorator. I have pretty much only 2 more rooms to pack and we've got a week to go! Although I'm not doing much of the packing myself, I am doing a great job of telling people what to pack and what to toss!

We purged QUITE a bit of stuff and I must say, I'm a little aggravated I waited 5 yrs to get THIS organized! We also gave the kids a box and told them to fill it with the toys they wanted, and once it was full, everything else was going to charity. Yes, I'd love to have a garage sale, but there's really no time left for that.

As for our 'issue' I posted about a couple weeks ago, it looks as it's being resolved, although we have a couple hurdles still to jump through. If you pray, please keep our family in prayer. Yes, it is a financial situation - which is my achilles heel and it's being tested greatly. Big Daddy and I WILL pass this test though and we are standing firm against the enemy. God has already won this battle for us, it's just how we choose to respond. Every night, when I go to bed, I thank God for having enough for that day. We are beyond blessed, even with the situation at hand, and even when it seems like nothing but despair, I can still raise my hand, and thank God for SOMETHING. We are going to be OK - no matter what.

I have been going to the dr since my car accident for close to 4 mths now, 2-3x/week and today, for the first time, I noticed a plaque over the doorway in his office. It had the verse Jer 29:11 on it and let me tell you, I looked at it, and then did a double take ... and then burst into tears. All this time I've never noticed it, yet on the day I need to see it the most, there it is! Hmmm, God is awesome, isn't He?

Jer 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I promise, no more Debbie Downer posts, but I'm just keeping it real. Life happens, this is somewhat of a 'therapy' for me, writing it down and getting it out.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for “keeping it real” and for being you and showing us that in the midst of life’s up and downs, God is still in control. Love ya!!!

Hallie said...

this was NOT EVEN a Debbie Downer post... this was a LIFE post. And you and I both now that life ain't always sunshine and ponies and glitter and butterflies.

Thanks for keepin it real, my Twitter sister. love you!

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you! I hope everything turns out well!

Do you care to post Dishy Decorators moving tips! I am moving soon too! Good luck with your move!

Brandi said...

Okay, so I'm really going to look like a stalker, but I have a little bitty post for you on my blog.

memphis belle said...

I can't wait till you move to Atlanta. Maybe i'll be able to see more of you and JJ.

YogaByCandace said...

very best of luck to you guys as you move. moving can be SO emotionally draining. keep it real all you need to!! xo

sanjeet said...

hope everything turns out well!
PPC Advertising India