Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Worth Sharing ...

Yes, I owe you all a Chicago trip post - let me just tell you, I now have an unhealthy love affair with that city ~ we had an ABSOLUTE blast.

However, when I returned home, Monday evening, I was met with something that would literally take my breath away, and NOT in a good way.

While I can't share on the blog - yet - I will though, because let me tell you, WE WILL BE A TESTIMONY. We have surrendered our uncontrollable circumstances to our Heavenly Father and we are RELYING and TRUSTING in Him to get us through. Period. We had church tonight and I did not praise Jesus any differently when we were celebrating all of the exciting things happening in our life. I would even venture to say I was more passionate in my worship, KNOWING I had to surrender, COMPLETELY - and yes, I cried like a baby, and I was singing on stage. GAH! BUT whatever ....

Anyway, one of my sweet friends sent me this email, not even KNOWING what had happened. I thought it was totally worth sharing because YOU might be going through something too and needing to hear this, so here goes:

When Your Hut's On Fire

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.
He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him.
Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.
One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky.

He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost.
He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger.
He cried out, 'God! How could you do this to me?'

Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching the island!
It had come to rescue him!
'How did you know I was here?' asked the weary man of his rescuers.
'We saw your smoke signal,' they replied.

The Moral of This Story: It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering.


Remember that the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground.
It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.

So if you are going thru a difficult time, trust. Surrender. We don't know why God allowed this to happen, but we are seeing it as an opportunity to trust in Him deeper than we already do. One of our friends told us tonight, "It takes a mess to get a miracle" ... AMEN!

7 comments:

"P" said...

You don't know me, but your blog has touched my broken heart tonight. My oldest son 31 years 11 months 14 days old was tragically killed on 4/15/10, he was my beautiful oldest, simple, teddy bear, brilliant son and he was taken from us while working on a construction job. Our lives will never be the same, but we have been surrounded by praying family and friends and I just wanted to say thank you for your post, somehow it felt like it touched my heart. We will never get over this tragedy, never understand, but God has a master plan. I have to go on with as we have another son and we have no choice but to continue to live the way my son and God would want me us to do. Thank you.

Girl Meets Beau said...

I love this. My husband and I have been going through a rough time the past 3 months since he lost his job. One week things seem better and he gets a lead and the next we're knocked back down. It's amazing that no matter how many things spin out of control in our lives, our faith is the one thing we can take control of. No one can take that away from us.

My mom gave me some encouraging words this week after another let down. She said to use this hardship as another opportunity to trust God, knowing that He won't forsake us. I had never thought of it that way. Too often, I let my fear and doubt get the best of me and allow anger to overtake my trust in God.

I don't know what you are going through but I pray that it will pass soon and you will come out of this with even more wisdom and faith than you have already.

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Have no clue what's going on, but I'll send you prayers! And no worries about crying on stage. After my third miscarriage, we sang "I'm trading my sorrows" and cried my eyes out.

If you don't know how it goes, here it is. It's actually quite upbeat.

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

Yes, Lord

I'm pressed but not crushed
Persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond the curse
For his promise will endure
That his joy is going
To be my strength

Though my sorrows may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

Love and blessings
Jennifer

Lauren said...

Praying for you, friend!! Thanks for sharing this!! :)

Anne said...

I'm praying for you and so glad to hear you're worshiping through everything. Don't know what's going on, but know that you're being lifted up even as you read this! Thank you for that story - a great reminder...

Draya Ann said...

Sending you all the good thoughts and wishes I can. Hope all is well and will turn out right.
On a side note, I can't wait to hear about your Chicago trip!

sanjeet said...

Praying for you, friend!!
PPC Advertising India