Monday, October 22, 2007

Why I can not leave Cameron alone for, I don't know, 5 seconds?

Sometimes, really, being a mother, makes me want to cry. I have asked God on SEVERAL occasions what on earth he was thinking letting me procreate, other than the fact that Chad and I do make beautiful children, because sometimes I don't think I am cut out for it. I seriously think God was playing a funny funny joke on me when he gave me Cameron ~ honestly, I was a pretty good kid. I need to talk to Chad's parents and see what he did because that is my ONLY reasoning as to WHY my kid does some of the things that he does. Don't get wrong, I am HONORED to be their mommy ~ I do thank God every day that I have 2 beautiful, healthy, smart, FUNNY children ... (notice I left out MISCHEAVIOUS) and I really want to know WHERE they get the notion to do what they do!! My friend, Anissa, she is a hoot. I read her blog and I am so thankful that I am not the only one. You can check her out at http://www.hope4peyton.org/ and get ready to pee your pants ~ I have told her on SEVERAL occasions she needs to be a sitcom writer. ANYWAY, I got both kids out of the shower and I went to get Cameron's diaper and his pajamas. I was gone NOT for very long and well, I came back to what looked like a shaving cream bottle had EXPLODED in my bathroom and it was GILETTE and it's going to smell like MAN in our bathroom for days. I looked at Cameron, my mouth actually dropped, and said "CAMERON ~ WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" (I knew, I just wanted to hear what he would say) .... and JUST LIKE THE HEAD SHAVING INCIDENT, he said "I'm like daddy, I'm like Daddy' and that joker was SHAVING HIS FACE .. WITH A RAZOR. I grabbed it from him (well, after I took a picture, that is why it's fuzzy) and then just started craughing (that is what I call crying/laughing) .... long frustrating day and well, it surely ended with a smile on my face as I think "He is so smart" ... enjoy ... and Jenn, I know you are rolling ... I mean probably laughing SO hard b/c you don't have to deal with it, but remember, we are coming to visit for almost a week!!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I don't want your kids to EVER hang out with mine!!!I think I might be gald that you live so far away!! hahahaha

strotti said...

Have you heard me say I wanted a boy? Have you heard me complain about my 2 prissy girls? Boy, oh boy, does God know just what you need right when you need it. You rock girl, you help keep it real! You and me...it'a a God thing ya know!

Anissa Mayhew said...

My kids would drive me to drink if I had a spare moment to open a bottle...however, they keep me from a life at the bottom of a bottle of wine by keeping me hopping to put out fires....metaphoric fires....hopefully no REAL fires....I may have just tempted fate beyond belief.

That shaving scenario rocks!! I love that it's not just me.

Your soulmate in mis-parenting,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org