Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mommy .... my tooth is loose.....

So my girlfriend, Shannon (who is a dental hygenist) and I were talking and she reminded me that when Kennedy loses her first tooth, to make sure I write it down. I laughed and said "I dread the day my kid loses her first tooth because she is such a freak about stuff like that!" ... that was on Monday. On Friday, Chad comes in with Kennedy and said "Kennedy, tell Mommy" and I'm thinking .... "Great .. did she steal another kid's pencil and hide it in mulch, then lie to her teacher or maybe she smacked another kid on the head this week .... " She comes in and WITH HER TONGUE, pushes her tooth towards me and says "Mommy, my tooth is loose!" I quickly grabbed her and we ran over to Ms. Shannon's for her to take a look at it. Ms. Shannon looked at it and said to me "One wiggle and it's out" ... crap, I thought. We're going to a friend's house tonight and if it falls out over there, I don't want her to embarrass me with her freak out session. We got home and I gently persuade her to let me 'touch it with a napkin' IE: pull it. SHE FLIPPED OUT!! Chad tried to do it with me holding her and she bit him ... HARD. He walked off and said he wasn't dealing with it anymore. She was acting like a complete lunatic ... screaming all kinds of 'It's my favorite tooth, I don't want it to fall out". SO we left her alone. Fast forward about 30 min and she walked in to the bathroom where I was getting ready and smiles and says "My tooth fell out!" .. we screamed, yelled, high-fived and did a little 'your tooth fell out dance' ... we called Nina and Pappy and Pappy convinced Kennedy that the tooth fairy brings $100 bills. Then we went to our friend's house and Mr. Cody had Kennedy convinced that the tooth fairy gave $10 ..... well, Kennedy's tooth fairy gave $5 (inflation my friends ... I got $1, I think) and even left fairy dust and a very sweet note. Kennedy LOVED that tooth fairy gave her a kiss on the cheek because the proof was the fairy dust left on her face .... FUN TIMES!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that is too cute! Fairy dust...nifty idea there Nat!

Kim said...

I can't believe you tried to pull it!!! And talking about being a freak show, I specifically remember a certain someone who acted the same way about a certain tooth she thought that if she didn't do anything about it, she would forget and it would somehow get better?!?! Hmmmmm . . . who could that person be . . . I wonder . . . I really wonder if she ever got that thing taken care of!! hahaha - Remember - "Crunked tooth!!" hahaha

Ber said...

That is GREAT!! Don't worry I had to call the tooth fairy and tell her NOT to come the 1st night. Davis totally was scared of a stranger coming into his room to take his tooth. These are the good times. Love ya

Kim said...

Hey - I want to see a picture of snaggle tooth!!

Elizabeth Cull said...

I had a good laugh reading this. I guess she's just really afraid that it'll hurt if you pull out her loose tooth. It's also amazing how these kids never think too hard.

-Elizabeth Cull