Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mommy ~ I saw "Littlest Pet Shop" in the attic ...

Mommy: "WHAT???!??!"
Kennedy: "Oh yes, I did. I went up in the attic and saw it all right there!" (Insert incredibly huge grin here)
Madelynn (Kennedy partner in crime): "Yes, Mrs. Natalie, it's up there"
Mommy: "No, surely you guys don't know what you are talking about!"
Kennedy and Madelynn: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, really, it's up there! Can we have it??"
Mommy (to Mrs. Shannon): "Must go now .... see you later. Wine later?"
Mommy (to Kennedy): "Go inside and change for cheerleading. When you are changed, you can go back up in the attic and if it's there, you can have it"

Now, imagine, a finely dressed 32 yr old mommy in heels, dress pants, nice top, trekking up into the attic entry that she LEFT DOWN because she was going to take the boxes from the Christmas stuff up after she changed (not thinking a nosey 5 yr old would climb up there .. who am I kidding, she is MY KID) .... scurrying up into the attic, sweating because it's freaking 90 degrees in DECEMBER, trying to 'adjust' what one child MIGHT have seen.

Kennedy comes out, several times, albeit giving me ENOUGH time, thank goodness, to remove what Santa MAY HAVE ALREADY LEFT AT OUR HOUSE because his sleigh was too heavy (that was what I got out of my emergency phone call to Shawn Trotti for HELP!!!!) and climbs back up in the attic and she turns around, big huge grin KNOWING she is about to get some Littlest Pet Shop stuff and low and behold, IT'S GONE!! She had the most blank look on her face. It took everything for me NOT to laugh - acutally, I did laugh, told her she was crazy and to get down, we needed to go to Wal-Mart. She kept saying "I SWEAR it was up there" .....

This is soooooooooooooooo something I did 25 yrs ago to my own mother, except it involved a boat and a beating and to this day, I swear I was only looking for wrapping paper.

7 comments:

strotti said...

Natalie, a.k.a finely dressed 32 year old in heels, trekking up a lader. In my head it looks a little different... Something like the small little Chinese men hurrying up and down small "home-made" laders from the ceiling at less than respectable side steet "stores" in Cina Town NY with purses hanging from all avaialble limbs. As my dear friend Danielle said, they looked kinda like roaches falling from the sky. I cannot help but laugh at this vision and as a result my less than 100% functionable bladder and I must go now! But before I go, Natalie was there a Louis Vuitton up there for your friend, I coulr deaalu use a new black one!

strotti said...

OK does the last sentence remind you of my less than adequate typing skills the night before the EOH? What the heck, I am such a typing loser! The last sentence should read...I COULD REALLY use a new black one! Whatever!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH...that is SO funny. Of course, it happened to me 2 years ago and I've learned to hide the stuff somewhere my kids would NEVER go...of course, when we would have ever gone into the garage, in the pitch dark, BY OURSELVES!! At least Santa still brought the Cabbage Patch Dolls and the Polly Pocket version of the cruise ship...the a$$ beating was worth it...wasn't it ;)

Natalie said...

ohhhhhhhh, the cruise ship .. was that not the best present EVER?!?! It probably took mom a good 2 yrs to pay that thing off but man oh man, I loved that thing.

Kim said...

Okay - I'm too laughing my bageebee off!!! Natalie what were you thinking - it's not like she lays in a crib and sleeps 18 hours out of the day!! You need to stay on top of this stuff sister!!

Melissa Santanastasio said...

Hysterical. I think everyone has a story like that Unfortunately I had a brother who was five years older than me and hated me so I was clued in from the get go but I never had the heart to break it to my mom she was dillusional. So i would find the toys which surprisingly you would think would never be hidden in the most obvious places play with them and then put them back. she never questioned why some of the boxes were wrecked! Classic. That is why I shop online and never open the boxes when they come. Awesome story!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!