Thursday, December 6, 2007

My new indulgence ....

My girlfriend, Shannon, told me yesterday that we would be leaving at 5pm to go 'somewhere' and to be ready to go! We left and she said "Merry Christmas ~ we're going to make dinners at Dinner Done!" ... this is something I have wanted to do since we moved here and discovered the 'you come in and assemble it and we clean it' kitchen places. It's awesome. You go in, tell them your name and they point you towards the recipes that you signed up for ~ and they have a fantastic variety of foods. You have freezer containers, you make everything, wrap it up, place a sticker on it and put it in the freezer when you get home. We made 4 different dishes, and split them, so I have 8 different main meals. We made Pork Loin with cranberry sauce, Everything chicken, beef filets w/bleu cheese~walnut stuffing, and Chicken and Asparagus (this is actually parmesan breaded chicken stuffed with monterey jack cheese and asparagus) ... funny ... Shannon told me to snap off the ends of the asparagus. So off I go, snapping off the ends. She yells "What are you doing??!?! That's the TIP!! STOP!!!" ... I just looked at her and said "Well, that is why I don't cook because I DON'T know what I'm doing" ..... I have read about those clubs where the ladies cook all day, freeze it and swap. Well, this is more up my alley because you just pay for the session and you make it and walk away - they even CLEAN UP AFTER YOU!!!! I'm HOOKED!!!

2 comments:

Ber said...

That is awesome!! I need to find a place like that here.

Kim said...

So, really - do you think it was worth it?? Now that you have had time to eat the food, was it good?? 'Cause I'm thinking of doing one of those "super supper" places myself!!