Saturday, May 24, 2008

We're here to stay .....


The powers that be called Chad to their office on Thursday ~ he said "I know what it's about, but I'll call you when I get done" .... course, I'm thinking "Great, his contract is up in August, and they are going to give him plenty of time to find something else ... blah blah blah" .. I am the CHRONIC worrier - have been all my life. Then I finally said -- OUT LOUD -- "GOD, whatever it is, I know you will bring us through it, whether it be a celebration, or another obstacle, YOU have brought us through it before in Nashville, and you will bring us through it again" ... so like 10 minutes later, he calls back. I MISSED the call b/c I was blow drying my hair. It took me a good 5 minutes before I could get him on the phone. He starts reading me this paragraph from his original contract and I am getting hot, my stomach is gurgling and he started laughing and said 'CBS RADIO hereby exercises its third option right to extend said contract until 2/15/2010" -- THANK YOU JESUS!! He said he was never worried - but it is ME that makes him worried. SO - we are here to stay for another 18mths and I have a peaceful feeling that it is going to be a lot longer than that. WQYK is a family. Mike Culotta, Chad's boss, believed in him from the very beginning. I'll never forget when I went to the Rascal Flatts concert in June 2005 and Mike met me at the gate, walked me back, got me backstage to meet the Flatts, and hugged me and told me that this is a FAMILY and I tell ya, Chad and I could not be any happier to be a part of this extended family. Chad loves everyone and they love him - it's awesome and they totally have his back!!

Since we have been in Tampa, we have found an extended family of our own. We have NO family down here - Chad's parents come down for 6 mths out of the year and it's awesome to have them here. We have been so incredibly blessed to be welcomed into homes during the holidays and it feels just as normal as being with my own family in Atlanta. We have made friends here that we will be friends with for the REST of our lives - true friends. Friends that don't hang out with us based on what Chad can do for them, get for them, etc. We have been blessed to have found an amazing church, that again, is an extended family. SO to say that I am beyond happy to KNOW without a shadow of a doubt we are staying here is an understatement!!

Happy Memorial Day to you all - God Bless our soldiers and all those that have served!

LOVE YA'LL!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm soooo happy for you all. You guys are soooo loved down there . . . remember that we loved you toooo - but you left us - wankers!

Anissa Mayhew said...

YEAH!! Congrats on the contract and it's awesome to know that you all will be around for many more fun and entertaining stories.

So, I heard you were talking smack about me at the luncheon! Hey, I don't recall ever getting the "family" hug and offers for concert tickets for Rascal Flatts! Tell Chad that although I like Jenny and Chad in the afternoon, his morning show is absolutely hands down #!!! That is, when I don't have my own Ipod on continuous play of Bleeding Love as well...consider my your shorter, more asian triplet, my friend.

I hear about the fantastic work you continue to do and I'm always glad to be able to check up on you and yours too. Keep it coming!

And too many of those peanut butter and fluff sandwiches will rot your brain...oh but what a good way to go!

Love
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org