Monday, September 29, 2008

Stuck like Chuck ....

When you are married to a 'hunter' and they are out past dark, it can mean one of 2 things: They killed something or they were killed. Seriously -- that is what goes through my mind. Chad and our friend, Chris, took Cameron and Drake (Chris' son) out to ride around on this property that Chad manages about 20 minutes from home. Lara (Chris' wife) and I went to a little home party, took the girls (who behaved AMAZINGLY -- Kennedy brought her manners and EVERYTHING) and went home. We were expecting to have the boys waiting on us when we got home at 7:30 and no one was there. We tried their cell phones, straight to voicemail. GREAT. It wasn't quite dark yet, but it was getting there. We decided to start dinner and hope we would hear them shortly (you can hear Chad's truck as it turns into our 'hood) ~ by 815, still no boys, still no answering of the cell phone. FINALLY - the phone rings at 8:30 and it's Chad - he said he got stuck. They took the 4wheeler (that's not really a 4 wheeler, it's a camo'd out 4wheel drive golf cart) and it got stuck. They had to CARRY the boys on their shoulders for 2 miles -- seriously my husband WALKED 2 miles back to his truck. They get the truck to pull the 4wheeler out and THE TRUCK GOT STUCK!! I was laughing SO hard -- but Chad said Cameron and Drake were SCREAMING and loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! SO here are the pictures -- terrible, I know, but I will never have a good night picture .....

Pulling up:

Mud was EVERYWHERE ...... even on the ROOF!
We asked the boys to show us how they got the truck out of the mud ..... keep in mind, this is a JACKED UP 4 wheel drive truck and look how HIGH the mud is!!!


and then 2 sec later, Cameron dropped his drawers and PEE'D in the front yard .. you would think he is Dave McAuley's kid!!

10 comments:

Natalie and Shawn said...

Funny ~ Funny ~ Funny no really that's SERIOUSLY funny!

I'm sure Pam will love the "shout-out" about her darling husband!

Shawn said...

oops, I forgot to log out of our Angels Among Christmas blog before I sent that comment.

Anonymous said...

Okay, first things first . . . yes, that is a very funny story. Now, I'm just thankful that a little of my husband can rub off on your little man and that I have gotten through 9 years without it rubbing off on my girls. If I EVER catch one of them poppin a squat in my front yard, I WILL DIE!!!

Anissa Mayhew said...

AHHHHH!! That's hysterical! Your boys...all of them...are too much. I love that the last thing is the peeing in the front yard.

You can take the family out of the trailer park....

Rachel Spence said...

This is hilarious!!!!

Natalie Willis said...

Hahahahahahha....ok, THAT is funny!!!! I love the whole, I am man, watch me pee grand finale!! :-) Too funny!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

His Doorkeeper said...

Natalie,
I wanted to tell you how sweet it was for you to send Kelly those darling little outfits for Harper! And that picture frame is just TOO CUTE!!

Kelly called and told me about how surprised she was. She was raving about everything you sent!

God bless you for your generous spirit. Kelly is just blessed beyond measure!

Blessings to you and your family!
Kelly's Mom

RosyRose said...

hey I just came across your blog--i have 2 boys and it is amazing how free they are to pee in public! you'ld think they would grow out of that but no, no they don't! Thanks for the good laugh and for keeping it real! Rose

Kim said...

Are you kidding me? That last picture with the last line in the post is completely original! That kid was definitely born in Tennessee!

And now, I did not take that picture myself!

Shawn said...

UMMMMMM still waiting to see something on here about Macy & Star...slacker!