Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Custom" Curtains

I wanted THESE curtains for Princess's new room. They are so cute & simple - BUT - they are $89... EACH. There's no way in the world I was paying that for "a" curtain -- and they seemed simple enough, so I thought I would try to make them myself.


Enter T@rget and Mich@els .... {and a really cute ironing board cover}



I simply ironed the ribbon on to the edge of the curtain - using the seam as my guide. I used double sided iron-on hem tape and that got the job done for me!


Finished product:


They look so cute! I still need to steam them out and I think I'm going to move the rod a little higher, but they work!! My cost: $17.99 for curtains and $10 for 4 spools of ribbon, of which I have 1.5 spools left, so I'll find somewhere else to use it in her room. SO less than $30 for 2 panels ... SCORE!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures - I had to use my phone since I can not locate the cord to my camera right now. It's in a box. Somewhere. and yes, those are paper temporary blinds - priorities people, priorities and these are getting the job done for now.

We're working on the guest bedroom today - in anticipation of some guests coming .. AND I'm planning to have the guest bathroom COMPLETELY finished this weekend! Will post pictures first of next week!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Turned out so great, Natalie!!! Look at you go, girl!!! :)

Some Like it Southern said...

What a great idea! And they turned out so cute! I may have to borrow this! =)

DD said...

Cute! I can't wait to see your house!

Shawn said...

I'm so proud of you! Cannot wait to sleep in that guest room!

Through Rose Colored Glasses said...

Cute Cute!

Resisting Perfection said...

Wow, I am impressed. That looks like something I could actually do too! I need some drapes for my daughter's new room, I will have to try this idea. Thanks :)

Rachel said...

So darling!! And they look just as good as the $89 curtain! Nice job :)

Design Apprentice said...

So creative, I love it!

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm really impressed!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

looks great! i wish i had one ounce of ability to do this kind of stuff!

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

aewsome - but you had me for a minute - i thought you were going to cut up that adorable ironing board cover and use it for scrap on the curtains - that print's adorable!