Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's going on with me ....

I'm starting my dream job tomorrow.

Yes, I know -- wasn't going to work, but an opportunity of a lifetime fell RIGHT in my lap.

I drove 8 hrs straight to Atlanta -- for a 4 hr interview -- and got in my car and drove 8 hrs straight back.

AND I got the job!!

Such an amazing blessing that I'm STILL pinching myself to make sure it's real. I'll be working with car dealers {I know, some of you are shaking your head, but trust me, it's right in my element!} and with an INCREDIBLE company {and no, I'm not going to tell you who it's with ... that's a little bit TOO personal even for ME!}

Our service today was awesome. We visited a new church and when the Pastor's name popped up on the screen {the Creative Arts Pastor was preaching today}, I grabbed Big Daddy's hand and said "THAT'S THE PASTOR THAT WENT TO SEMINARY WITH TODD!" .... Todd is the Executive Pastor at the church we grew to call our "second home" .. a great friends of ours and a place where we KNEW would be hard to top. What are the CHANCES!?!?!? We are excited about our new church and pray we have landed in a place so quickly. It took us YEARS to find our church in Tampa.

Anyway, he preached about life. When you go to bed at night and lay down, is your life what you thought it would be? Are you happy? Are the pieces fitting together? He said if it wasn't, we needed to ask God to change it and be ready to respond - then he gave his own personal testimony. It was SO good!!

Haggai 2:9 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."

So when I felt the desire to work, I prayed and asked God to confirm my desire. Really, just that simple. Was it just a desire to work because that's what I've always done or what? Well, when I started applying for jobs, this was the first place I applied, and the ONLY place I interviewed. EVERYONE had already filled their position but 'would keep me in mind'. The interview was intense, but I figured would be good training for future interviews. A week later, I was offered the position. The benefits are awesome, which is a HUGE factor for us, as we have been on COBRA for 4 mths ... which for anyone that has ever been on COBRA, knows it is NOT cheap.

That's it! I'm beyond excited and looking forward to getting back to the grind and routine. Kids are going to be in 'Daddy DayCare' until Big Daddy starts traveling with his job, which will be in just about 2 weeks.

Have a great week, friends!

Next up: Guest Bathroom Reveal!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

So excited for you and how everything is falling into place for ya'll!!!! :)

Little Miss Diva said...

Hope you are having a great first day on the job!

Shawn said...

Sorry I missed your call tonight, I miss your voice!

I'm thrilled that you're thrilled and cannot wait to hear how your first day went. Call me on your lunch, I'll be home unburying my office!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Congrats on your new job! That's awesome!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Congrats! That is SO exciting! Looking forward to the bathroom pics. I'm about embark on my own revamp of ours!

p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls. We just got our own .com, so I'll hope you'll follow us there too at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com
We just started our own network and would love for you to join. Plus, we're having loads of giveaways this month, the latest being lovely notecards & a Starbucks gift card! Hugs, K

sheri said...

hey sweet girl - it looks like things are doing awesome for you all. THAT IS GREAT. i can't wait to see pics - POST SOON. Also, btw - i'm taking that verse and making it into a sign for the new house. that is awesome.

memphis belle said...

email me at work...
lwoods-harper@franklinamerican.com

yep, back at FAMC.