Monday, December 8, 2008

7 years ago today .....

Chad and I were GOIN' TO THE CHAPEL! I would post a picture but we eloped ... in Vegas. We were engaged for a few months and Chad had to do a show at the Stratosphere and asked me if I wanted to go with them out there. I said "Sure - never been to Vegas before, it will be fun!" -- well, then we decided to get married out there and TRY (operative word here, TRY) to keep it a secret from his fellow band members -- considering they would be our only guests/attendants!


We got out there and Chad did his first show. The next morning, he did an interview on the local radio station - they joked "You're not going to get married while you're out here, are you?" and he laughed, couldn't keep a straight face, so the cat got let out of the bag - kinda! So we went on Saturday, and went straight to "La Dolce Vita Wedding Chapel" -- y'all, it was in a hotel that was being DEMOLISHED!! They did NOT show that in the pictures! The only thing left was the wedding chapel -- there were chain link fences all the way around the property and construction signs every where -- I could have DIED! I then said 'Well, at least we'll have our privacy!' -- Chad's tour manager walked me down the aisle and stood as best man, and his fan club President was my maid of honor (SERIOUSLY)! His tour promotors still happened to be in Vegas, so they came too! Needless to say, at 10 yrs, we WILL be having a vow renewal ceremony!

But 7yrs has given us several moves, lots of AMAZING friends, 2 BEAUTIFUL children, deepened our relationship with Christ, but most of all, we still have each other -- sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, but all the same, I couldn't see it any other way!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember it like it was yesterday. What a beatiful family you have added to our family.

Wishing you many, many more happy years.

Love you,

Mom

Kim said...

And I would have paid a million smacks to have been there!!

Shawn said...

Girl...You know we will be all over that 10 year renewal!

Dang, we better get started NOW!

Love ya like a sister!

memphis belle said...

nothing like seeing chad's hand on your butt. Cute picture!

Natalie Willis said...

Awwwwwwww, happy anniversary! I so never woulda pegged you as a run-off-to-Vegas type!! LOL! Hope you both had a great day!!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com