Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Easy Christmas Craft

I thought I would post this easy Christmas craft as this is something I saw and thought I could make cheaper -- and yes, I did make it cheaper.

Take 2 candlesticks -- can be anything, as long as it holds a taper candle. THEN get 2 ornaments of your choosing -- I found these last year after Christmas for about $2 -- you can't tell in the picture, but they are about 6" tall, very nice glass.




Glue the ornament onto the candlestick. I put a TON of glue into the candlestick and then held my ornament there for a few minutes b/c these are going on a table for decoration next week. I then added the maribou trim around the base where the ornament and candlestick meet! I think they turned out REALLY CUTE!!  The ones I saw in the store were over $25 each - I made these for about $5/each and they match my decor.  I'm hosting a Christmas coffee next week and my table is going to be black/white toile with silver and red accents - VERY shabby chic!!  

4 comments:

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

oh wow - very cute! may have to borrow that idea. :)

Shawn said...

VEry cute...I love that your channeling your inner Martha!

Jennifer said...

Hey! I saw where you commented on my blog! Thanks for stopping by! The sweater wrap is from Forever 21and was Super Cheap! You have such a cute family!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Stumbled upon your blog through Rhoda at Southern Hospitality. Your blog name caught my eye...I remember your husband! My hubby and I saw him a long time ago in Canyon, Texas. Our first born son is named Brock. We almost named our red-headed daughter Kennedy...it was really a toss-up!

Enjoyed my visit here...will definitely come back!