Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A stray ....

********* EDITED TO ADD************


who now goes by the name "TIPSY" and is no longer a stray!



My friend's brother-in-law had some kittens that were left in his yard. Fear of them dying, I agreed to take one ~ Chad was out of town, so I didn't ask him. I should have, being a good wife, but I didn't. The kids immediately fell in love, but all I could think about was cat scratch fever. Deep down, I have always wanted a gray cat with white feet. HELLO TIPSY!! His name is Tipsy because the tips of his feet are white and it STUCK ~ except Cameron calls him "HIPSY". He is a sweet little guy and is currently staying under Kennedy's bed. He will hiss and act all kinds of BAD A$$ when I try to pick him up, but as soon as someone is holding him, that joker will sit still and fall asleep. Seriously. I hope he turns out to be a good pet.

GOOD LORD PEOPLE ~ I guess I take it for granted only friends and family read this blog ~ YES, this cat will be spayed or neutered and declawed ~ it is still a baby and probably MAX 6 weeks old. This is not our first rodeo with pets. Chad and I are big supporters of the SPCA and both our current cats were adopted from there and they won't even let them leave the facility before they are fixed (questionable on the declawing, as this is now considering inhumane ~ but I happen to believe in it).

I have been INUNDATED with emails about taking the cat, it being a stray, etc etc etc ~ Bob Barker called, he wants his job back!!

But thank you, yes, it will be fixed as soon as it is old enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is spay or neuter....and declaw if you plan to keep inside or you will be getting new furniture :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

What a cute kittie, I can see why you fell in love with him. He's adorable. So nice to meet you, I loved going back & reading some of your older posts. Love your house.

Rhoda

Kim said...

Natalie - did you really get roped into another ANIMAL?? hehe