Tuesday, November 3, 2009

27 Days of Thankful


I saw this post over at my in real life BFF's blog, Seriously and thought I'd like to join up!


I'm behind, so I'm just going to start today, on Day 3

Today I am thankful for my church.

A place where I can worship freely, bring all my 'issues' to the alter and LEAVE THEM THERE, unjudged.

I am thankful for a place where I have met some of my dearest friends - people I may never have met otherwise and they all live just minutes away.

I am thankful for a place that has changed my life dramatically - and the lives of my husband and children.

I am thankful for a place that accepts me for me - crazy past and all - realizes and understands that my past is just that - my past.

I am thankful for being loved unconditionally by complete strangers.

I am thankful to be given the privilege to worship without persecution and to use my talent and love for singing.

I am thankful for my church - a vessel in which I can be closer to my God and grow deeper in my relationship with Him.

What are you thankful for today?


5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this concept Natalie..... wonderful for the Thanksgiving season, to be able to remain focused on all that we need to be thankful for.

DD said...

I am thankful for my church too. Although the worship part isn't as free as my old church, I'm still growing in Christ. I am thankful for God's forgiveness of my past and all the mistakes I've made. I'm thankful for my health and the love and support of my family. And.....I'm thankful I met you;-)

Shawn said...

Love your thankful list!

Don't forget to go link up Amanda.

kado! said...

i'm thankful for my husband and his hard work...i should recognise it more often...life gets in the way too much!

Rhonda Wills-Johnson said...

Oh Nat, I just love you! We haven't been going to our church home of about nine years for a while. I'm so torn for so many reasons about what to do. We visited the crossing years ago and I loved Greg but was a little overwhelmed by the size. I know we HAVE to make a decision and just go somewhere. With that said, I still don't know what to do. I will continue to pray for guidance for that anwser. Love you girl!