Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Appetizers, dips, and cheese balls, OH MY!

I love food - it's really not a secret. I really love good, country, SOUTHERN food, but since my move to Florida, I have broadened my horizons a bit and realized I can eat, AND ENJOY, some, ahem, what I call ... fru fru food.

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I thought I would post some recipes of some wonderful dips, appetizers, etc that I have come to enjoy! I hope you enjoy them too!




Endive Stuffed w/Goat Cheese* and Walnuts


My friend, Stacey - you know, the one that does all my flower arrangements and has no blog, she brought these to a wine tasting this past weekend and they were DELISH!


*I had this the other night and she used blue cheese instead of goat cheese - ALTHOUGH - I really like goat cheese. Blue cheese is just easier to find. You will find yourself chomping on these and going back for more. They are ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I think I stood over the plate and ate about 10 of them. Seriously. I will be making these for Thanksgiving Day appetizers.


Toffee Dip


I have no picture for this one, but trust me, it's SO good and perfect for fall! I make it and it doesn't last long at all. I normally serve with apple slices and graham cracker cinnamon sticks.



Cheese Ball


This one was introduced to me by Shawn. She makes it and it disappears ...like all the rest of these!


1 pkg Kraft Roka Blue


1 pkg Old English


1 block cream cheese


Garlic to taste


Mix together - put in fridge to harden - shape into ball and serve with crackers!



Baked Brie


This is my go-to now for just about anything I have to go to ... it always goes fast and is quite delicious! I have used many different types of preserves, and I'm thinking cranberry preserves would be really good (if I can find it).

What are your favorite recipes?

7 comments:

Girl Meets Beau said...

Brie is my favorite!! I am printing that recipe off and making it tomorrow! And the toffee dip. YUM! I love this time of year b/c I always find out about great recipes.

Lauren said...

Seriously, you are making me hungry as I type!!!!!!

Kat said...

DE-to-the-LISH. Thanks for sharing NB!

Samma said...

I make the best artichoke/spinach dip- better than Houston's! It's my go to, along with bake brie like you.

If I am serving an elaborate dinner, I often just set out a good cheese, olives, nuts and crackers. It looks fancy, yet is super simple.

sparrowsandsparkles said...

I could live off of appetizers & dips! Love them :) I'm making a Southern shrimp dip & honey almond brie for Thurs.

Unknown said...

The cheese ball recipe is almost exactly like my friend's except she adds Worcestershire to it and coats it in pecans and parsley. YUM. I love easy, delish recipes.

kado! said...

MMMmmm...those all sound delish!