Sunday, November 8, 2009

"I Know The Plans I Have For You"

We have had .... literally .. an unbelievable week {all good}. Big Daddy and I are in awe of how God is working in our lives. We most certainly believe that we have been brought to a place that has humbled us and we give all the honor and glory to Him. It certainly was perfectly orchestrated ~ and I'll leave it at that.

While we were at church earlier today, we were speaking with our dear friend, and worship pastor, as well as a couple other pastors from the church. Our worship pastor left the room, but came back about 30 seconds later. He said 'I felt God tell me I need to come back and sing this song over you - really, I need to sing it, it's overwhelming'.

This is the song he sang {but imagine it coming from a guy, that sounds like Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts, but more amazing}.

I snot-cried ... Big Daddy cried ... it was very, very moving.

So I want to take this time to let you know if you're struggling, hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel {and it's NOT a train} - keep steadfast in your prayer and even when there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING to be thankful for - remember to thank God for SOMETHING, the littlest thing - FIND SOMETHING. Most of all - remember to give all the glory and praise to God - praise Him even in the bad times. God will provide the grace and mercy to bring you through.

Jer 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

13 comments:

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

This is going to be a long reply. You may need to stop reading now, drive and get a fountain coke from either Chick-fil-A or Sonic-and then come back and read the rest.

I just got out of the car from visiting my aunt and uncle. They're 45 minutes away - and i took that time to pray on the drive. There have been a few things that are hanging out on my on-going prayer list in the morning; many of them i posted a week ago. A few I did not. One of those not posted was for God to show me what i can do for Him. What role can I play? I don't feel worthy enough so many times, and when I think of gifts or talents, i fall miserably short. I have been asking God to use me, show me what He wants me to do, what steps He wants me to take. Before i made it half way home, i heard "I have great plans for you." I started crying (i'm crying now) because so many times we THINK we hear what we SO desperately want to hear. I said God, just SHOW me. I got home, popped open the laptop to hit a few inspirational sites, and thought i would check my blog buds for new stuff. I saw this and started crying again. You've done this TWICE to me now, girlfriend. What effect would you have if we lived closer???? God is STILL speaking. We have to quiet ourselves to hear, and be prepared to do what is asked of us.

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
- Romans 12:6

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! I got chills just reading that and then watching the video. I know I have a rough year ahead of me and reading your post made me literally feel the Lord's arms wrapping around me and taking control. Thank you so much Natalie for sharing this!

Rebecca Sargable said...

What a powerful testimony Natalie! Every word you wrote is so true! Greg's message today followed right along with your post too - we just never know what God has in store for each of us. What an amazing God we serve!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

This is my life-verse for sure. I have a silver bangle with this verse engraved on it that I wear all the time. Jeremiah 29:11 has brought me back from despair so many times! This is a great post.

tickledpink said...

I so needed to read your post after having an awful weekend. I feel like I've been on that train way too long, and hoping to see the light of something great to come! Thanks for sharing the song and an encouraging post!

Under this Umbrella said...

Wow...what a fantastic post and day you've had. This is something we all need to remember and think of more often. Thanks for sharing.

Shawn said...

I'm thrilled for you, seriously THRILLED!

I know what you've ben going through and to see it unfold right front of me has been a joy!

Should I bee miffed that RS wrote you a comment but has never left me, her BF, one? Noooo I'm too busy being happy for you to think about myself.

Love you Sistah!

Hallie said...

This is exactly what I needed this morning. I heart you.

Lauren said...

Hugging you right now!!!! Thank you so much for this. I soooo needed it!!!! :)

Renee Melton said...

I swear you always seem to somehow say exactly what I need to hear at the right time, even though it has nothing to do with me - it usually rings home. Glad you had a great week. Miss my best girls and normal life. We'll all get back together soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. My husband and I are sturggling to have a baby, and tomorrow I will find out if this is the month. My heart is so heavy and my spirit it broken...I needed this.

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

This is the first time I have ever read your blog, and for this to be the very first post I read is a message from God for me. My husband and I have struggled through repeated miscarriages and just this past Sunday found out we are expecting again. A few weeks ago this Scripture came to me, and to hear this song...it is a blessing. Thank you so much or sharing.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Lately, I have really been asking God to not only reveal Himself to me, but to instill in me the desire to seek Him. I don't go looking for Him like I should. I am not positioning myself to hear Him like I should be.

I've been so busy lately that I barely post anything to my blog and don't get around to read as much as I would like to. I had a few minutes while I am eating lunch and thought I'd multi-task and read my blogs. I think your post was part of God answering my prayer. I think He specifically had me read your post and the comments left by other readers.

Thank you for that and God bless whatever is going on with you and Big Daddy right now.
xoxo