Wednesday, August 12, 2009

7 yrs old .....

Dear K –


It is still so hard to believe that you are 7 yrs old today! Looking back, on the day you were born, was clearly one of the best days of my life – and your Daddy’s too! We were surrounded by family and friends, just waiting for you to arrive – and I remember the doctor telling me that she may want to borrow our ‘cheering squad’ for some of the other ladies in labor & delivery because it sounded like we were having a pep rally in the room!

Who knew all that cheering would someday lead you to doing something you LOVE!? This marks your 3rd year as a competitive cheerleader and we couldn’t be more proud of how far you’ve come! I remember you were so scared to let anyone even put you on their shoulders and now those girls are throwing you up in the air and putting you up in full extensions. I hope you continue to grow in your passion with sports – it definitely makes Daddy happy - but remember, you can ONLY cheer for the Gators!!

As your Mommy, I love watching you interact with others. You are so kind and tender-hearted. When Delilah brought you a dead bird (whether or not she killed it, still up for discussion), instead of FREAKING OUT like I was sure you would, you gently wrapped the bird in a grocery bag, dug a hole and buried the bird. I walked out as you were saying a prayer over the bird and then you put a makeshift cross in the ground so no one would forget where the bird was buried.


Daddy and I have watched you grow into a beautiful young lady. Your love for Jesus and for LEARNING more about him overwhelms me. I love that you LOVE Jesus. I love that you want to learn more and that you will SING SING SING to your hearts content all the worship music that you know. I love that we have a church that believes in rising up our youth and we couldn’t be happier that you are eager to go to church each and every week.


K, we love you more than you will ever know. I don’t know if we are ready for the sassiness that comes along with these years, but I do know I wouldn’t change a single thing about you – not even when you FLIP OUT when brought remotely close to the Chick-fil-A cow … honey, it’s just a person dressed up in a cow suit. Maybe this year you’ll get over that, but if not, well, we’ll just keep reminding you it’s just a person dressed up in a cow suit.

You are starting 2nd grade this year and trying so hard to write in cursive – even though you are not supposed to. I look forward to what this school year brings and watching you grow into an even more beautiful young lady!

Love Always,
Mommy

First Birthday Party ~ already a Princess
* NO COMMENTS ABOUT MY HAIR, PLEASE *


Meeting Taylor Swift this past March
What an AWESOME day for you!

Flip-Flop Birthday Cake ~ it ROCKED!

You, Delilah and Wild Child


11 comments:

SouthernBelleJM said...

If I can find it in my gmail account, I surely will send it to ya! I got that shirt at New York and Co. It's on clearance right now if you could find it.

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

they grow up so fast :(....

she's such a cutie patootie.

Ber said...

Wow it is really hard to believe how fast these years go by. Here we are celebrating K's 7th birthday and just months ago was MacKenzie's 10th and Davis' 9th and Syd and Madison are right around the corner. These years have been amazing and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. We all love you very much and hope your birthday ROCKS!!!!

Love always,
Aunt Ber

KT said...

What an amazingly awesome birthday cake!

Julee said...

First time to your blog! Just wanted to say I love the picture of your kiddos and the sweet golden retriever! I love dogs with a passion so pictures like that make me smile!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the follow! What a cute family you have and I love your blog!

Lauren said...

Sooo sweet and she is sooo adorable!!!! :)

And I'm so lovin that flip-flop cake, ha! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog! Your babies are so darn cute and they have one beautiful mamma!

Shawn said...

Happy birthday "K". Aunt Shawn loves to the moon and back and I can't wait to hang out next week!

~S

Petunia said...

I just discovered your blog! I love it. Your daughter and son are beautiful. :)

Cas said...

I read your blog about a year ago and lost it...so glad to find it again!

Cas (another FL blogger)