Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The post in which I realize I have more patience than I thought ..

Big Daddy and I took the kids to the Nick Hotel this past weekend -- to celebrate Princess's birthday, Big Daddy's birthday - and hang out with some friends from our town who also were there. It was a great time - seriously - we had a blast.

Wild Child completely lived up to his name. He. was. everywhere. We lost him a couple times (or more) and although panic set in only once, he was always close by. It was losing sight of him that would make me nervous -- although who am I kidding -- anyone that would take him would bring him back within minutes. He's nuts ...

Then we had this couple:

I'm serious -- I thought "Honey, you're at a resort aimed at kids. Do you really think that's appropriate??" Her husband had on that Columbia shirt and a speedo - which looked like to me he had on nothing when you were standing behind him. They were the ONLY ones there that had on these kind of suits. I kept telling my friends "They're European, they have to be" .. but I walked past them and heard her tell someone "The last time we were here, blah blah blah" and it was as Southern as me. I will give her credit though - she had a rockin' body and could pull this off ... SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Wild Child kept saying "I can see huh BUTT, Mama" .... nice.



This was "THE" slide ... actually, the kids played on it for 3 hrs on Friday and another 4 hrs on Saturday - before Big Daddy BEGGED to go home. He was a good sport. He does not handle heat well at all. He did go down a couple slides and the kids were screaming - they loved it!!


And my babies ... who stopped running for 3 secs so I could snap a picture ....


I leave you with this .... the madness that happened at 10:45 AM and 4:45 PM every day. Luckily, our kids got to take part in this twice ....

7 comments:

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

that is AWESOME. Walker keeps asking us to take them there and we keep begging off. I can't let him see this. or that woman's butt.

Shawn said...

Does not look like my cup-o-tea but I'm glad you had a good time!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!!!! And how stinkin hilarious is that couple. Some things are better left unseen, haha!!! :)

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Looks like fun! The slide is HUGE--unlike the Speedo suit...

Danielle said...

I'm glad you had fun. I've gone 2x. Once w/ Rebecca when Avery was about 2 & then again a few months ago. This time Rebecca & I took 5 girls (2 who were 11, age 6,5 & 1)for 3 days...what were we thinking! We did have a great time. It is amazing how Steve is "always busy" when we plan the Nick Hotel...Big Daddy is such a good sport!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are brave! And what was that couple thinking!?!?!?!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the water park. It looks like you guys had an awesome time. Yeah... that lady should have covered up her butt.

We have one of those tippy buckets at ours out here, but the water is not green. I am going to make sure my kids don't find out about the Nick/Fairly Odd Parents green water or I'm going to have to hear whining: "Mooooooomm! We want to go to Florida..."