Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weekend Away ....

As you all know - Big Daddy and I celebrated his birthday this past weekend. We went to the Don Cesar Beach Resort for one night - NO KIDS - and had a wonderful time. Our goal was to relax and catch a sunset! By the looks of this first picture, you'd think we would not see the sunset .... this was just as we were arriving!


We decided to have dinner by the beach (obviously - look at my hair!) - after dinner, we headed down to the beach with a bottle of champagne - to catch the sunset.

We had Big Daddy's friend take this picture of us. Did you hear that?? Big Daddy's FRIEND. He went back up to the room to grab the champagne (we had it chilling on ice - yes, we brought our OWN!) and as he was getting on the elevator, he heard someone calling his name. It was a friend of his that he has known for over 20 yrs!! GO FIGURE! Big Daddy ALWAYS sees someone he knows ... yes, even in the Dominican Republic! What's funny is she was with a group of girls, and two of them were great friends with one of my great friends, Debi - total 6 degrees of separation. SO we chatted with them for a little bit and watched the sunset - it was really fun!
The obligatory ghetto ghangsta shot -- I do this alllll the time - Big Daddy HATES it.

The kids were with Shawn and she kept them entertained. When Shawn brought the kids home, Wild Child walked in the door, arms crossed, pouty face, saying he DID NOT WANT TO COME HOME - he wanted to stay with Miss Aunt Shawn. I laughed but also was loving that he is that comfortable with our friends. It's a great problem to have!

Shawn - THANK YOU for keeping the kids for us. I know that even if they were terrible, you wouldn't tell me and I appreciate that! We had a wonderful time and it was JUST what we needed!!

OK -- more blog posts to come tomorrow - I'm back on my blogging kick!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad you go to get away, even if it was just for a night, and how beautiful was that sunset!!! :)

Anonymous said...

your girls look good in that dress.

Petunia said...

Sounds like you two had a fun evening! I love that blue maxi dress!

Shawn said...

It was a ton of fun having hhem, I'll be doing a post soon with pictures of our adventures, including W.C. eating with chop sticks! They really were wonderful {I'm so glad those rope marks went away before you got home}.

You know I those kids like my own!

dreaming in pink and green said...

glad you all had a fabulous time! y'all are one hot couple! and that beach....ok, I could so go right now...temptingggg

the tichenor family said...

I am so glad you know about your sweet family's blog. Thank you for your prayers!!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Looks like a great time! Love your dress! It looks so good on you!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That sounds like a great evening! I thought your hair looked great. You seem to always look perfectly put together.
(We, too, would rather pay a corkage fee than a 200% increase on a bottle of champagne!)
:)

Domestic Diva said...

You look fabulous and looks like a grand time!! Priceless!!! Love your blog!! xxx me