Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Am I menopausal, pre-menstral, WHAT IS IT?!?!

OK, so I got a card in the mail yesterday.


I immediately knew who it was from because I recognized the handwriting.

I opened it, laughed b/c it was FUNNY ... and then proceeded to bawl my eyes out.

The 20 simple words that were written meant more to me than this person probably thought they would. I needed it, too.

The handwritten words read:

Thank you for all of my friendship favors, kind words and gifts. You're a wonderful, all of the time, unconditional friend!

It was signed with a "Love ya Sistah" and my sweet friend's name. I haven't even called her to tell her how much it meant to me, but she reads my blog, so she'll see it :)

So I'm writing this to tell y'all out in blogland - you never EVER know the impact a handwritten note can do for someone. I encourage you to drop a note in the mail to a friend. Someone could be having a terrible day, and receiving a handwritten, IN THE MAIL, note could really brighten their day - or - someone could be having an awesome day and a receiving a handwritten, IN THE MAIL, note could just be the cherry on the top! For me, I was having a good day - had a great weekend and was really feeling the stresses of the past week start to roll off and having spent the day with my daughter, hanging with a new friend, and then coming home to this sweet note ~ really just made my day! It made me realize that God has placed people in my life, for certain things, to fill voids and to keep me grounded. I am so thankful for that!

~ Oh, and when I opened the card, it played the theme song from "Friends" ... SO appropriate!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Sooo sweet and all you said was so so true!!! :)

kimert said...

Very sweet and true!

My very best friend periodically sends me hand written notes/cards in the mail and each and everyone comes at a time when I need it the most. I, too, bawl my eyes out and think about how luck I am to have such a great friend!

Thanks for sharing this. :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a great thing for your friend to do. You are right that something in the mail has more emotional impact, too. I think it conveys more thought and effort and even sincerity when they mail it as opposed to calling or emailing.

I have an encouraging note my best friend wrote me about 10 years ago. It cheered me up and made me cry at the same time. A few years after that she was in the same situation I had been. I read what she wrote to me over the phone ('cuz I still had that card) and her own words cheered her up!
:)

Shawn said...

Awww what a wondeful friend you have! I wish I had one like her! Oh wait, I do;)

WonderousWomanRetreat said...

Dear Natalie,

Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
on August 13,14,and 15

The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.