Monday, June 22, 2009

Do you have a 'dated' painting laying around??

I've had this painting since I graduated college.  I decorated my first apartment in all this 'grecian inspired' decor (think angels, white, flowy .... I don't know why). 

Anyway - for whatever reason, I couldn't part with it - BUT - it's no longer my style.  The frame is nice and beefy and I guess I was keeping it because I could reuse the frame.

Then I decided to see if I could make it into a chalkboard for my office.  THEN once that idea got going, I wondered if I could make it into a MAGNETIC chalkboard for my office.

This is after the final coat of magnetic paint - that stuff REALLY does WORK!
AND HERE WE GO!  Finished product --- with a special note from my Princess!  Yes, that is  sword handle you see at the top - my father-in-law gave it to my husband and I stuck it up on my bookcase - away from my Wild Child!

3 comments:

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

so, you know i paid $35 dollars a piece at HomeGoods for 2 of these 2 years ago - i should have thought about doing that.

Shawn said...

You are certainly channeling your inner Martha!

Unknown said...

I love love love that idea!