Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm a liar!

I did not post all week ~ certainly not as promised!  SHEESH ~ I'm SORRY!!  Anyway, the wedding was beautiful!  Jenn and I did not know anyone except the bride and the hairdresser, but that did not stop us.  We are quite the conversation piece anyway ... it always starts with "Are y'all sisters?" .... depending on the mood we're in, sometimes we'll tell the truth and sometimes we'll just say "NO, we're best friends that have hung out so long that we have begun to look like each other ......you know how owners start to look like their pets?" ...so anyway, here are a few snapshots of the weekend:


Jenn & me ~ just after we finished getting ready.  We had to do our own hair and honestly, quite pleased with the way it turned out.  Our hairdresser that we both saw in Nashville, he was there and I know he must have been thinking 'GIRRRRRLLLL' -- but he said that it looked as good as he would have done it (right .....)
This was right when we got to Memphis.  We were so excited to just be away and be together - we were posin' for pictures every few minutes.  Those limos in the background take you STRAIGHT to Tunica .....


St. Jude Children's Hospital ~ Big Daddy is a BIG advocate for St Jude.  He went there as an artist and a radio guy.  They do a big fundraiser every year here in Florida, so it was nice to finally see the actual hospital.  This is one of the 2 charities our family supports.

Pretty in Pink Megan hooked me UP on the bakery ~ I was looking for one to get cupcakes. We had an impromptu lingerie shower for the bride and I insisted on having gourmet cupcakes.  These were SO good. 

Oh yummmmy ~ the one with the little chocolate chips on top - those were chocolate cake with banana buttercream icing.

I do not have pictures from the actual wedding, but I will post as I get them!  If you are friends with me on Facebook, then you have seen them.  Here is another "Twin Shot" -- we took 500 of these .... well, just because.   The Memphis heat had wrecked havoc on my hair at this point!


The beautiful bride and me!  Leslie was gorgeous and is honeymooning in Jamaica now .... it was such a FUN wedding!!

Now, onto going out AFTER the wedding.  We met up with our old hairdresser and his partner at Alfred's on Beale Street.  If you go to Memphis, YOU MUST GO TO BEALE STREET and yes, it is everything someone from Memphis will tell you it is! CUH-RAZY!  However, I felt very safe with all of the police.  There were just SO many people!!  They shut the street down and it's pretty much a free-for-all! We went dancing at Club 152 which was a LOT of fun.  We danced for 3 hours!!!   We got back to our hotel around 1 AM and were up and at 'em around 7:00 AM to catch our flights back home!

Jenn and I have already decided we will do this every year around this time.  I think next year is either Chicago or Charleston! 

7 comments:

LyndsAU said...

looks like fun :) those cupcakes look ahhhhhh :)

you look so pretty!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a fun weekend! How blessed you are to have such a great relationship with your sister. (Those cupcakes looked scrumptious!)

Shawn said...

Hey, do you thing they'll mail us some cupcakes for Cupcakes and Cocktails?

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

you guys looked amazing :D Glad you had fun!! Those bridesmaid dresses - at least what you can see of them - are gorgeous - the color anyway!

Unknown said...

Wow, you do look alike, that's funny. I love the pictures and am glad to hear you had such a beautiful trip together!

Anonymous said...

What a blast we had and I am sure the maid enjoyed the two cupcakes we left in the fridge! Looking forward to next year and you know what---we still got it ;)

SGM FOREVA! I Love YOU so much!

Pretty in Pink said...

I am SO glad Muddy's worked out for you :) I meant to get back to you with the recommendations for places to go out, but I had to work all last week and it was a little crazy. I'm glad you had a good time :)