Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Me vs. The Seagull

So I was here ~ St Pete Beach ... beautiful ... 100+ degrees but VERY windy (thank goodness b/c there was no way we could have stayed due to the heat) ... anyway, I'm here:


I had just finished telling a story about how my friend Pam was holding a piece of chicken in her hand once, while at our friend Shawn's house ... and Shawn's German Shepherd, Deja, came prancing by and literally LEPT up and took the chicken out of Pam's hand.  

I was telling this story as I was eating some seriously delicious "Cape Cod" sea salt and vinegar potato chips.  I was holding "SAID" potato chip in my hand.  

All of a sudden .....  

I feel SOMETHING land ON MY FREAKING HEAD and the next thing I know, I feel a PINCH on my finger ... and then I realized .....

I had been attacked ---- VIOLATED by THIS:

Now my close friends know that I am TERRIFIED of birds -- TERRIFIED.  BUT I never thought these jokers would fly right down and just grab the food from my HAND!  I screamed from my GUT!  It freaked me the HELL OUT!  I jumped so high and caused quite a commotion (SHOCKER!).  UNFORTUNATELY, Princess was standing right in front of me when it happened - holding a sandwich - and that sent her in PANIC MODE!  She didn't know what to do with her sandwich, so she just ran and sat behind our friend that was with us, and said friend told her to quit freakin' and get off her towel.  I'm laughing at this point, but was still a little freaked.  The birds claw did scratch my head AND made it bleed a little - I'll probably get some freaky disease or something - but I have sanitized, anti-bacterialized, etc etc etc.

Laugh away .... I'm sure there are a few of you that I know are having to pick yourself up off the floor right.   

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you poor thing. I would have passed out from fear. I get freaked out by birds too and seagulls are my least favorite of them for that very reason!

And to think that beach looked so peaceful too.

Lauren said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy wooooooooooord, this is freakin hilarious!!!! :)

Shawn said...

Girl I told you when we were there last week. Those birds are freaking vultures! I so wish I could have sen that cuz you know I would have peed myself laughing!

Lauren said...

Oh, my lord....so hilarious....I bet people watching you were cracking up!!!!

I was told on a girls' beach trip one time NOT to feed seagulls popcorn because they can't digest it and it eventually blows up in their stomachs...hmmm...just an idea. I have no idea if this is true. I also hope no one calls PETA.

Debi said...

OK...I just pee pee'd! Your stinkin hilarious.

Off to memphis is the am. See you gurlz later. Qui

Kim said...

hahahahaha

Kim said...

I would have paid all the money I have to have seen that!!!!