Thursday, July 23, 2009

Operation Nice

I was reading one of my daily reads - According to Nina - and she posted about this fantastic blog called "Operation Nice". I started reading and couldn't stop - and knew that I HAD to put this one on my blog.








I am a big believer in honey over salt - any day of the week. It just works - it's easier and people tend to respond better to it. I had an 'erroneous' charge on my credit card - $95 - and instead of calling and t-totally flipping out on the dude, I NICELY asked him if it was a mistake, SURELY it was a mistake, and within 2 minutes, I had my refund. Now, he could have said "Nope, sorry, you signed a contract, we're holding you to it" but he understood my situation, which I explained to him NICELY and saw no problem in refunding my money.

A few weeks ago, I was at my daughter's cheer practice. All the seats were full. There were no less than 4 gentleman sitting in these seats and there were several women standing. Do you know -- NOT ONE OF THESE "GENTLEMAN" offered me or any of these other ladies their seat? I could not believe it. That would NEVER have happened if Big Daddy was sitting there. Anyway, after I was SURE chivalry was dead in our town, I had a lunch meeting the next day - at a very prestigious club in our town. I go there every Friday. I walked off the parking garage and a precious elderly gentleman was with me. He pulled out his phone to take a picture of the level we were on -- I laughed and we struck up a conversation. He literally BOLTED off the garage elevator and when I turned the corner to get on the main elevator, there he was standing, holding the elevator for me - as he remembered I had mentioned I was running a tad late. It truly made my day!

SO I'm all aboard adopting Melissa's mission with Operation Nice! Here is a quote from her blog:

I believe that kindness can change the world, so it’s my mission to spread the concept of being nice, as simple as that may sound.

I encourage you all to check out her blog - it's a great read!

Have a NICE day! :)

5 comments:

kimert said...

I am surely going to check that out! Thanks for posting. :)

Lauren said...

What a great concept and so so true, always pays to be nice :)

Unknown said...

Husby always says you catch more bees with honey.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I will check that out. One of my favorite quotations:

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world."
~~ William Shakespeare

Nina said...

You are such a doll! Thanks for the link!!! xxo Nina