Thursday, March 6, 2008

I. HIT. THE. MOTHERLOAD.

I am jumping in feet first to get Kennedy's room done. After wise instruction from my council (Shawn) ~ I finished a project before I started this one. THAT project being my master bedroom. It looks fabulous. SO, now I can start on the 'flip flop swap' of the kids rooms. I had to kill some time waiting to pick up lunch for some clients, so I popped in to HomeGoods. They must have had a shipment, because I hit the MOTHERLOAD!!





The "stuff" ~ spent $100 collectively .. this entire makeover will cost less than $200. The style of her room is shabby chic (DUH!) and I have a ledge in there which I am going to put several different things. That wire shelf is TO DIE FOR and was only $9.99


Is this precious or WHAT??! $1.99



The little lunch box thing was $6.99 and the pot was $5.99 ~ I'm going to put a LIVE plant in it and hope that I don't kill it. The fabric you see is her current curtains, shams and throw pillows. NOT changing those out.




The BEDDING!! I have a comforter on their now but it's trashed, so I wanted a matelasse ~ in apple green. Found one on ebay that I was jumping at the chance to purchase for $165 (plus shipping) ~ this one was $65 TOTAL!

I'm really excited. I think it's going to turn out cute. We are painting the top part of her room the pink color and the bottom part is the green. We are going to put a med chair railing to break up the two which I am going to paint white and then put an iridescent paint over top of that. ADORABLE!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

I'm so excited to see the completed look!

kari and kijsa said...

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that look...had you thought about that faux finish with a very, very light all-over damask stencil that creates the look of a faded wallpaper? We can't wait to see it finished!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kai & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Ok that stuff is super cute! Can't wait to see it all together!