Monday, March 10, 2008

Not bad for a white girl!

I'm officially on track with Kennedy's room. I painted the bottom color Saturday morning before I left for probably one of the best baby showers I have ever been to! Those girls know how to do it UP! My goal was to come home and finish just the bottom part ~ but then I was kidnapped by Renee and Shannon and we went to Della's After Dark (local folks - if you have never been there - you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!! YOU MUST GO!! I WILL BE TAKING MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND THERE) ~ anyway, I had the best tenderloin of beef EVAH! It was so good, it almost made me forget about this:





Yep - paint in my hair. I was putting the lid back on the primer before leaving, you know, so when the kids got home (I confirmed they were close by before I departed) it would not be an open invitation for Cameron to 'paint you' (that's what he says). SO when I put the lid back on, banged it with the hammer - SPLAT - all over me and my jeans. THANK GOODNESS it's water based because it came RIGHT out.

This, my friends, is what I am most proud of:



Oh yes, Chad's dad, Harold, was going to come over tomorrow to do this for me - put up all my chair railing. He is my honey-do husband. He can do 'anything' - seriously. It was either that or wait until my Dad got here next weekend. Chad is one of those guys whose *talents lie elsewhere* and so he is much happier writing a check as opposed to actually doing it himself. He won't even try - he just won't do it. THANK GOODNESS Harold is here 6 mths out of the year ~ I am always asking him to please help me with this, please help me with that and he always happily obliges, although I do make sure I have plenty of chocolate on hand while he is here!! I decided to do it myself. I didn't want to wait - I'm on a timeline. I want her room DONE. My Dad gave me a miter saw last year and I knew that is what I needed - so we went to Lowe's today and got the chair railing. I was going to wait, I really was, but the anticipation to have it done was killing me - did I forget to tell ya'll that I'm IMPATIENT!? SO, I changed out of my work clothes after I made the first cut and realized that MAYBE I could do it. I think this looks pretty good for a chick that has NEVER EVER done anything like this in her LIFE! That's a pretty close FIT, if I do say so myself!! I was screaming and yelling for joy. I had my ipod cranking with my rehearsal music for church and I went to town. Nothing's better than singing praise and worship while doing something you surely thought God never intended you to do! HA! I was done the ENTIRE room in about an hr. I got stuck on one little section that did NOT have a 90 degree angle, so that took a few extra cuts. I put a little wood filler on my corners and VOILA! It looks pretty darn good (this pic is PRE-WOOD FILLER and there is caulk on the wall). SO, now all I have to do is touch up the paint in her room, add the iridescent paint to the trim and I'm moving her in. I bought a stencil, however it is on backorder. I won't have it until next week. It's super cute and was the brainchild of kari and kijsa. They suggested I do that to add some flavor - I can not wait. It's going to go perfect in her shabby chic room!!

Off to bed - this cat is TIRED!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey looks great! I cant wait to see the finished room!

strotti said...

It looks awesome! I am so proud of you but what I think I'm most proud of is your ability to step out of the box and hang something upside down and still make it look good. You totaly rocked that bird cage MAMA!

Anonymous said...

Awesome but how do you have time to do all of this?