Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Tuesday ~ already!??!

Holy no posts, Batman ... I can't believe it's already Tuesday and I haven't blogged since Friday! DANG!!  I finally have some followers ... and people reading my blog that are not related to me, so I need to keep it up and exciting!!  Well, here's a weekend wrapup:


Friday night:  Mom's Night Out with a few of my fav-o-rite gals ~ we had the original Bon-qui-qui there and she even came in 'character'.  I learned so many new things ... really. I am going to call them Debi-isms.  She would say something (like "SHUT-TO-THE-UP") and I would say "I'm stealin' that" .. it was SUCH a good time.  Our waitress ... our POOR waitress ... she was just, well, let's just say that when it came time to pay the bill and tip, we had mercy on her and tipped like she was really good.  I'll leave it at that.  I went home and crashed ..... 


Shawn, Debi (Bon-qui-qui) and me -- totally NOT a good angle for me.  BTW, Shawn, when you get tired of that shirt, I've got a space in my closet all ready - K, punkin?



THEN - Saturday night, we went to Shawn's house - Chad and the boys (ie: all the husbands) were going to watch The Lightening game, but we are not really sure where they ended up. We hung out very casually with the kids and ate yummy enchiladas.  Shawn was so sweet to make them "not so spicy" for this weakling .... it really was better for her guest bathroom, ifyaknowwhatI'msayin' .... anyway, we took Delilah and she was perrrrfect.  I love her so much. I did not know you could love an animal like that.  No pictures -- I forgot my camera.

On Sunday, I got up at dark-thirty and went to sing at church.  Course, I was the ONLY soprano, so I was nervous, nervous, nervous - no matter that I've been singing for almost 2 yrs up there, being the only one singing that is singing YOUR PART, uhhhhh, you BETTAH make sure it's right!!    THEN it was off to The Strawberry Festival ~ which was a ton 'o fun.  Chad sang the National Anthem (which I will try to upload b/c he's just THAT good) and then "Lightening Does The Work" and "Yes!" ..... it was awesome - esp when he forgot the words to "LDTW". I have that on video as well.  Thanks to Amber, Brent, Stacey, Craig, Shawn and Chris (+ all their kids) for coming out to support my man.  I know it was hot, but it was worth it, right??

Chad, Morgan (the older daughter he wished he had) and some random dude that used to wrestle with Chad.  I was walking around the corner and was like "CRAP - this is the main stage" and I just waved to all the people.  It was funny. 

Trent Tomlinson and ME 

The Strawberry Queen, her Court, and ME (I look like I could be their MOM)


Jessica Simpson and Me 

Jessica Simpson was really cute -- her legs, holy smokes, I know I'm a chick, but DANG, they are in good shape.  She looked awesome and looking at this picture, I look like a total "MOM" -- I mean, I know I am a Mom, but I do not strive to LOOK like one -- does that make sense?   I think I just need to "shut-to-the-up" now before I offend anyone.  

And because she is just so darn cute ..... here's my weekly picture of Ms. Delilah.  

"Why I can no chew couch, Mama?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ca-ute skirt!! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend!!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

What a great weekend! I am TOTALLY digging the shut to the up & will be adding that to my most recent shut the back door :) Also..You DO NOT look like their Mom..PLEASEEEE!

Jill said...

You look so cute! Love your skirt!

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

those girls look they stepped off of the pageant assembly line! Is it just me - or do they all HAVE THAT LOOK? LOL. You don't look like a mom, you look hot - but you do look VERY TALL next to JS. Good grief she's like a smurf. I had no idea she was that little.

Shawn said...

Good times!

Just a ?...if you're their Mom does that make me Granny T.?

SHUT-TO-THE UP Girlfriend!!

Lauren said...

Still soooo bummed that we didn’t get to connect!!! :o(
And I ABSOLUTELY love that outfit!!!!!!

AndreaLeigh said...

love the pictures of the pup, as always. you guys always look like you are having such fun together - i just want to drive down and participate!

i think you look gorgeous in your skirt! i think you look better than jess. she has great legs but man those shorts are too short!