Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Deeper Still ~ Orlando

As promised, here is my post about my weekend in Orlando at Deeper Still. For those of you that don't know, Deeper Still was a conference where 3 bible teachers, Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore (MY FAVORITE!!) spoke about different things, thus teaching us to go "Deeper Still" with our faith, understanding, etc.

I was lucky enough to have my sister join me on this conference - as well as my best friend Amber. Our friend Dawn traveled with us and then we met up with Shawn, Danielle and Rebecca. We traveled out Friday late afternoon and got to Orlando around 4:30. We decided to change, freshen up and head down to the hotel for dinner before it started at 7:00. Needless to say, the hotel restaurant was not prepared for the onslaught of this many women, and we sat there for 45 minutes before we kindly put a little bit of money for our 1 Coke (Dr. Pepper really) and told one of the waitresses that we had to go .... we did get a free breakfast the next morning though (THANKS SHAWN)!

We walked over to the Arena and ate hot dogs and nachos instead --- it was good and just a teensy bit less expensive (NOT MUCH THOUGH)!




My sister and me, just before going into the Conference


Travis Cottrell lead worship once it started and this came on the screen. I lost it. Big Daddy and I are in such a weird time in our life - nothing, I'm sure that many of you are going through. Uncertainty, doubt, confusion ..... I seriously believe in divine appointment and believe I was to be at the conference THIS VERY WEEKEND to hear the messages that were taught.


Kay Arthur (I don't have ANY pictures) taught the entire book of Hebrews. This amazing woman is 75 yrs old and BROUGHT. IT. She did scare me a little, but REALLY, in the big scheme of things, what is there to be scared about? She taught us about Resting in Faith -- which is really really important to me and something I am doing as we speak.


2nd day - Jenn, Amber and me - sporting our bling'd out tees courtesy of Ice-It by Bebe Z


This is out of order, but before Beth spoke, this was a painting that was done on 4 panels of glass - Kay spoke about planting the seed - on the OTHER side of the glass, all the women that attended were given an opportunity to write on the glass. It was INCREDIBLE!


My favorite speaker was definitely Priscilla Shirer -- OHHH she is so REAL! I loved her and her message. She taught us about Ephesians 3:20-21 -- seriously spoke 1.5 hrs on just these 2 verses. She 'dumbed it down' as I like to say and I ingested it and have really been soaking in this message. She taught us that God can go BEYOND our BEYOND, all that we imagine and that sometimes God's answer is * no * and we have to be willing to understand that that is His answer, and he has a bigger plan for us - one that goes BEYOND our BEYOND and comprehension.


Beth, Travis and Priscilla on stage during worship - it was awesome!!

Beth Moore taught us about discerning the voice of God. Also, something I REALLY needed to hear. She gave us a list of things to look for - and most times - to follow our gut feeling. It was called "Divine Revelations in Human Encounters". She gave us 4 questions to ask ourselves:

1. Can I trust what I'm sensing? Am I a critical or suspicious person by nature?

2. Am I jealous? Do I feel threatened by this person?

3. Do I have anything selfish to gain for this outcome?

4. Are my emotions clouding my discernment?

If you answer "NO" to any of these questions, then go with your gut. But if you answer "YES", then you must re-examine the situation. THIS GOES FOR PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE!! She really stuck on 2 Timothy 3:5 (yes, I am going to make you look it up).



This was the end when they were doing some straight shooting talk. It was funny and really showed us these ladies are * REAL * people just like us.

Hope you enjoyed the recap! We left shortly after and headed home, stopped at the outlets (no luck except for 2 long sleeve JCrew t's) and then got home and CRASHED!! It was such an overwhelming, spirit filled weekend - I loved it!!

7 comments:

Debi said...

Did you steal my post! lol. I posted my last night. You are too funny...Great Minds think alike....O YES THEY DO! Sorry I missed you at the conference..I am praying for you and the soulmate.
We gotta do lunch...I still have Shawn B'day present..imagine that.
DD

Lauren said...

Oh, girl.... I know Orlando will NEVER be the same after that conference!!!!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

This sounds amazing! I would have loved to have gone to this conference. All of this sounds like things I need to have re-enforced and I'm definitely going to look up that verse!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow girl that sounded awesome!! I would love to have the chance to experience that! Glad you got to hang out with some gal's and really enjoy the word!

kado! said...

looks like a great time!! You and your sister are beautiful!

Shawn said...

So it wasn't just me that thought the conference was beyond the beyond?!!?

Heather said...

That sounds like an amazing conference!