Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's all about the packaging.....

I am a packaging 'ho -- wrap something up pretty in cellophane and ribbon and I'm done.

Trust me -- it's amazing what a $2.50 candle can look like all dolled up with ribbon.

I recently ordered some items from an online store called Queen Bee Sauce. They sell 100% salicylic acid (the stuff you use for your face) in a powder form that you mix with your cleanser. I want to try it because my skin is about to drive me crazy. I use VERY good products already, but I'm hoping this will be the extra 'hmph' that I need for 'perfect skin'.

Anyway - I ordered on Tuesday.

TODAY - in my mailbox was a bright purple pkg. I was so excited - b/c I knew it couldn't be a bill!

It was my stuff from Queen B! HOW CUTE!


This was the kicker - INSIDE the pkg, they had a little note thanking me for my purchase, some more information and then a BIT 'O HONEY! Seriously -- SOLD. I thought that was the CUTEST thing I have EVER seen!
Brilliant marketing - yet so so easy. Chad's BFF owns a company and he always puts candy in with his shipment - I tell ya what - it makes you go back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! your sooo right when someone takes the extra time to do something like that it does make you go back. Hope you are having a great Saturday! = )

KT said...

I used to order newsletters from a company that put candy in the shipment every month. Have no clue what the newsletters said but I sure looked forward to that box every month!

Lauren said...

It's all about the marketing :)

kado! said...

I'm totally like that too! I love the extra personal touches some companies add...and I always go back to them more often then others! that is really cute!