Friday, September 11, 2009


This image will forever be etched in my mind. I remember exactly what I was doing the morning our towers were attacked. I was living in Nashville - only having been there just a few short months. I was listening to the radio and remember the dj saying that 'something' was wrong and an airplane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I immediately called Big Daddy and he turned on the television - he YELLED when the 2nd plane hit - watched it happen.

I went on to work and everyone was talking about what happened. It never, seriously, crossed my mind that this was a terrorist attack. I just didn't think like that. We watched tv in our office for the rest of the day, until our manager just decided to send everyone home. It was very stoic.

That weekend, Big Daddy had to leave for a show in Minnesota. I left and went to stay with his parents. I did not want to be by myself.

During the show - there was no wind. No real breeze.

Big Daddy started singing a song about the flag, called "Red, White & Blue" ~ as he started singing, the flag slowly started to wave. By the middle of the song, the flag was waving - he said like God taking his breath and making the flag wave. After the song ended, the flag slowly fell back to it's original position.

Do you have chills?

I wish I could post the song, but it was never released and I * think * I only have it on my iPod.

So today, I remember what I was doing, the feelings I felt - nothing compared to what those actually in NY felt. I can't even begin to imagine and quite frankly, I don't want to.

Thank you to all our servicemen and women that give their lives daily!

Happy Friday, my sweets! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I remember too and always will.

I love that song and so wish it was released!

Love the new sign-off my sweet!

kado! said...

what an amazing story......I will always remember too...I hope we all do.