Wednesday, September 16, 2009

....with a grain of salt

So things have been quite hectic over here at Casa de Brock ~ changes left and right. Some good, some kinda making us raise an eyebrow.


It's all relative.

We are taking it in stride ~ and as the title of my post reads, with a grain of salt.

We are all healthy, employed and opportunities are around us, it's just what we choose to do with them. I have an issue that I'm dealing with right now - worry. It grips me more than anything. I have prayed for it to be released, I get 'renewed' and then I fall right back into the pit. Good thing I'm going to see Beth Moore this weekend, huh? {SO EXCITED, by the way}

SO, with that, if you too are gripped with worry and anxiety, here are some tips that I found that will help you:

First of all -- good 'ol scripture:

~ An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up {Proverbs 12:25} -- I find this to be true. A little note helps too - especially an unsuspecting gift card to Sonic also (thanks my sweet)

~ I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears {Psalm 34:4}

~ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. {1 Peter 5:6-7}

~ ...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words can not express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. {Romans 8:26-28}

AND some tips:

~ We generally need 8-9 hrs of sleep per day. Sleep deprivation can increase anxiety (REALLY?!?! I've been getting about 4-5 hrs a night .... this may be a problem).

~ Many people are worried and anxious about events that will actually never happen to them. Relax. Focus on today. Take life one day at a time. (THIS is a big one for me. I actually printed this on several pieces of paper and have it everywhere, along with scripture).

~ Listen to relaxing, soothing music. (This is a no-brainer for me).

~ If at all possible, do something you enjoy. It is good to get some recreation on a regular basis. Take a break. Get your mind off your fears and worries, and have some fun. (AMEN!)

~ Talk to someone. Don't hold all the anxiety inside. (I have a few girlfriends that probably cringe when they see my phone number coming up on their caller ID - but it's how I deal with things).

So that's what I've found and how I'm going to choose to deal with all these WONDERFUL changes. YES! They are wonderful. We know there is a greater purpose. Big Daddy is beyond thrilled and looking forward to our new opportunities!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, my sweets!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, Natalie, this was great and I'm sure many of us can resonate with how you are feeling right now. I'm so glad you are going to Beth Moore, sounds like it couldn't be more timely. Can't belive you're going to be so close (yet again) but so far away!!! :( Wish I could see ya!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I really loved reading all of these scriptures in the middle of a hectic work day (especially Psalm 34:4). Thank you for this!

I bet Beth Moore will be amazing - I've never seen her, but I've heard great things!

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

I don't have much to add, but to say i have your back. I will pray for you as my girlfriends had to rally and pray for me this week as i was met with some very unexpected issues with Walker. To paraphrase, worry will not add one second to your life and honestly, i have to remind myself that to worry means you are not using your faith, and that in turn means you are sinning (didn't you tell me that? LOL) Also - here's a scripture that i'm seriously gonna put on a plaque for my girlfriends - "It will be good for you, my daughter, to go with His girls, because in someone else's field you might be harmed." - Ruth 2:22

Much Love and prayer - xo
S

Anonymous said...

you have one heck of a game plan!! I hope all these changes bring the best things possible for you and your family! Sending big hugs your way! = )

Unknown said...

Relaxing music always helps keep us calm.

Shawn said...

I NEVER cringe when I see your number come up because you are on the receiving end just as frequently!

All thing will work out if you trust Him!

I love you!

~S

the tichenor family said...

I am in your boat... and my sister shared a wonderful scripture with me the other day, hope it helps!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 8:12