Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I FALL for FALL jackets ....

We do not get much of a "fall" here in Florida - we do get some more balmy days, but typically, it doesn't ever get very cold. I decided I would cruise the internet for what's * hot * on the fall jacket scene and boy, oh boy, did it leave me wanting to hop on a plane and head to Chicago (ahem ... yes, I really do mean that... it's somewhere I've never been and really want to go).

Anyway, I hit up my old favorites, Gap and Banana Republic. Did y'all know Piperlime is now selling apparel? My heart skipped a beat when I saw this GORGEOUS military ruffle jacket by Free People - it's pretty reasonable too at $148.



Photo Credit: Piperlime

What about this yummy little number from JCrew? I love how versatile this piece is - and yes, I would wear it exactly as the model is wearing it - maybe throw on some nice pants for work!


Photo Credit: JCrew

Here's another one from Piperlime. This is a Tracy Reese jacket and I am seeing GRAY is totally in - which is great, because I love to wear gray. This jacket is pricey, but I also love how versatile it is and can be worn from day to night!


Photo Credit: Piperlime

Finally, White House Black Market always has a wonderful selection of 'sweater jackets' - perfect for us Florida Girls! I foresee this beauty in my closet - VERY soon. It SCREAMS my name! It is ultra girly with the ruffles and will be perfect, again, for day to night!



Photo Credit: White House Black Market

What's your favorite fall piece?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh I am loving that gray J Crew piece!!! I have to have! Hope your having the greatest day!! = )

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

you totally need to get your bum out of my closet - xo, S

kado! said...

those are cute...but unfortunately I am tall and have really long arms...and it seems that almost every cute fitted jacket does not have sleeves long enough for me...they end up being a silly length...not quite 3/4 length...but not long either...I think I've given up!

I bet they are adorable on you!!!

Rachel said...

Jackets are my favorite fall piece. I love the Free People jacket you posted. Unfortunately I live in south Alabama where it is hot just like in Florida.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Love that jacket from Free People!! I got it and love it!! Love your blog!

DD said...

For my "momiform" as I call it....I like belted cardigans. I throw it over a tshirt and jeans and high boots and I'm good to go.