Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I have died and gone to heaven ... almost.

For the latter part of my adult years, I have struggled with having perfectly smooth, silky hair. My hair is THICK and has a bit of a wave to it. I can flat iron it, put every product known to man in it, step outside and POOF!

I had been wanting to do some form of chemical straightening for quite some time now. It's expensive and I was extremely hesitant because my hair is UNRULY ~ plus, do to some 'economic cutbacks' - I just couldn't justify spending $350 {and that's on the LOW end} to have something done to my hair that I wasn't SURE would work!

Well, we all have birthdays and I was completely SHOCKED when one of our dear friend's SISTER, who flies in from NC every 8 weeks and does hair. She gifted me with the Brazilian Blow-Out!! I could not believe it - I was completely speechless and forced to tears. It really was a wonderful, generous gift.


Here is my hair before: This is straight from blow-dry - very little product.

About 90 minutes later ~ seriously. I could NOT quit running my fingers through my hair. It is NOT a hard process and is COMPLETELY safe for your hair. I put it on Twitter that I was getting it done, and I had several girls message me back, letting me know they had it done and how great it was!! That got me MORE excited ~ and so I couldn't even sit still during the process.

It lasts anywhere from 3-5 mths. I think I can get 6mths out of it because we are going into winter (HA!) and I will not have the humidity. My hair still looks AMAZING and I expect it to look great for months to come!!

SO - if any of you want to get it done, live in my area (email me), Jennifer will be here in December - BUT - if you live in Eastern N. Carolina, Jennifer will take GREAT care of you! Tell her I sent you!

Tomorrow: Atlanta Re-Cap ....

20 comments:

Petunia said...

Your hair really did look silky and gorgeous!!
xoxo

M said...

It looks really beautiful!

KT said...

Gorgeous! Lucky you!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness..I need this! I assume you can wash it? Looks fabulous!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I saw your pictures on Twitter but these ones are even more dramatic!

It looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see how it does as it grows out....

Shawn said...

I've seen it first hand and IT IS STUNNING!!!!!!

Pretty in Pink said...

Love it- it looks amazing in person too! i will admit when you said you got a brazilian blowout i was thinking you were getting "something else" done ... BWHAHAHAH :)

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

It looks so silky and shiny - so pretty!

P.S. I put in a Twitter follow request for ya!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Your hair looks gorgeous!

mWm said...

It's GORGEOUS!!! I love it :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

amazing!! we have the same hair except mine is blonde. mine is thick and wavy wavy. i'd consider this in a heartbeat. what does it look like if you let it dry by itself-- i have to do this on days when the baby is unruly! :)

Mini said...

Wow your hair looks amazing!

Ber said...

WOW girl it looks so healthy and beautiful!!!

carrie1 said...

Totally jelly!Your hair looks fantastic! I need to get that done to my hair.

Lauren said...

You're hair looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! :)

kado! said...

i just got the Keratin treatment done...it does not straighten it but it smooths it...less frizzy curls! When I was googling about it i was freaked out about what i read about the Brazilian treatment...peoples hair was falling out...but I'm sure you get what you pay for...those people probably had it done by a salon that had no clue what they were doing!
I'm loving the Keratin treatment...it was about the same price...$360.

you hair look beautiful!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Wow! that looks amazing! I have the same wavy, unruly, thick "before hair". Flatironing is always such a hassle. I will have to look into this - it looks beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Your hair looks amazing! I have always wanted to do this but am worried about the grow out - did they tell you how that would work? My hair is extremely curly and I flat iron it multiple times a week. I wonder if your girl could fly up to Seattle and do mine, haha! :)

Cary said...

OMG! I live near Goldsboro- she does my bff's hair! I am so glad you posted a pic- I will make my appointment tomorrow!!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brazilian-Blowout/159920595984?ref=ts

www.twitter.com/brazilianblwout