Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Project 1 ~ DONE ....4,367 to go

Neat idea for an old window...




Before Mom and Dad sold the house we grew up in,they replaced all the windows. Mom actually thought to SAVE a couple of the windows and she gave one to me and one to my sister. This was approximately 3 yrs ago AT LEAST. Anyway, I have had it sitting in my garage for that amount of time and about 6 mths ago, I primed and painted it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it even then. I finally decided to put it in the playroom ~ which is beach themed. I had 6 pictures blown up to 8x10 (seriously, like 4 mths ago ... I have lost and FOUND them at least 3x). Anyway, I converted all the pictures to black and white for consistency and then last night just decided "I'm going to finish that project". CONSIDERING that is the task at hand here - finishing projects. I finished the headboard (it looks AWESOME) and then just started grabbing stuff in the garage that I knew would be an easy project to finish, and something I could do inside b/c it is really raining a lot here. SO, last night, Chad and I were watching tv and I was cropping. I used spray adhesive to attach the pictures. I found some adhesive words at Michael's and I put "our happy family' at the top and 'precious memories' at the bottom. I think it turned out GREAT!!! if you click on the picture - it makes it a LOT larger and you can really see the detail. It was so important to me to choose the right pictures -this window came from a home I grew up in and there was a LOT OF LOVE in that house - so it means a lot to me to see it come full circle.

My fabric came today too -- for the guest bedroom. I'm going to MAKE the duvet and dust ruffle!! YIKES!! It should be easy though - my Mom has given me pretty specific instructions. I will do that on my next day off when there are no children here - I get stressed as it is, trying to sew will just add to it. Hey, you never know, I might finish all this stuff BEFORE October.

Oh, and I'm probably painting this weekend - svelte sage - in the kitchen. The dark sage is just TOO dark with the cabinets.

4 comments:

My Beautiful Mess! said...

That looks awesome! I love the idea of putting the words on the window. Sounds like you are on a roll. I am looking forward to seeing more :)

Kim said...

that looks fabulous! Girl, you are on a roll!

Ber said...

I love it Nat! I can't wait to see the house when it is all finished.

Shawn said...

beautiful! perfect pictures for the beach theme.