Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bag Tag ...I'm IT!

I was tagged twice for this, the ever cute, Jill and then since Shawn called me out .....I'm REALLY going to do it and I hope both my readers still read my blog once I get done! HA!

Ok, here goes:

Here are the rules for the tag:

1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying today - not last weekend when you and your hubby went out to that fabulous restaurant. No cheating!!!

2. Tell us how much it cost. This is a no-judgment zone -- there will be no ridiculing or eye rolling here. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.

3. Now tag some fellow bloggers and link back to this post so people know why you are posting pictures of your bag.



This is my current "bag" -- I have a lot of bags and need to start switching them out, BUT that's going to mean a 'character change' and I'm not sure I can do that.  I am known as the girl that has everything in their purse -- seriously, I carried a paint brush and screw driver around for the longest, as well as a stapler.  Whatever ..... if it provides comic relief for my girlfriends, then it's worth it.  BUT here she is:  I got her for Mother's Day last year from Chad and the kids. It's the standard monogram Coach bag, but it's medium size. I don't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't TOO bad.  I do know Chad was on the phone with Shawn when he bought it b/c he was asking her which one to get. Our Coach store had just opened in our mall, and he was stopping into the Apple store, saw it and went in. Simple as that.

NOW: if you think this purse can't hold a lot of stuff ... .you are DEAD WRONG!!  

Let's begin:


To make it easier, I put it in categories!!  We have:

  • 5 pins and a button from my daughter's Vacation Bible School (from last summer)
  • a crap load of receipts from 3mths ago up until TODAY
  • 2 programs from church + a prayer list from January 11
  • my Vera Bradley zipper wallet that holds my 'all the time use cards'
  • my Coach wallet that doesn't hold anything but junk
  • some hair clips (I bought these yesterday on my way to church)
  • a stack of credit cards (some expired), rewards cards, gift cards
  • a stack of business cards
  • 10 (!!!!) lipsticks/lipglosses
  • lipliner x 2
  • makeup sponge
  • eyeshadow primer (been lookin' for that)
  • a bunch of change that was at the bottom of my purse
  • girly 'stuff'
  • CVS card
  • my Life Journal from church (awesome, awesome, awesome -- just got it)
  • a receipt from my bank deposit on Friday
  • hand sanitizer
  • 3 lotions
  • star rewards coupons for Macy's
  • a thank you note I need to send my aunt + some stamps
  • 4 packs of Tums Quik Dissolve -- bought these a couple weeks ago when I thought I was dying of a heart attack 
  • ticket from when I took Kennedy and a friend to see 'Tale of Despereaux'
  • ticket from movie night with my girls on Friday
  • headband + ponytail holder
  • checkbook for my treasury position in one of my Leads Groups
  • earrings, bracelet and ring
  • Kennedy's bracelet and HER ring
  • a post-it note pad
  • AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!
THERE YOU HAVE IT!!  Please don't judge -- that's just me and you know what, you would be thankful if you were my friend and you needed various lipglosses or .83 .. b/c I would TOTALLY have it!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love, Love your purse. It's a classic! Wow... it can hold SO much! That's great!

Shawn said...

I'm surprised. I thought it would have had so much more. Next time I'm tagging you in a wallet/Vera Bradley mini bag tag. Cuz that would be FUNNY!

AndreaLeigh said...

love your purse! i have something similar, but the itty bitty version for going out. not that I do that anymore, but oh well. i can't believe how much you put in there. you're awesome!

Kim said...

GOD - how much can you cram into that thing? Just need the kitchen sink and you can move into it!