Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slow ride .... take it eassssyyy

BIG weekend at Casa de Brock --- one 6 1/2 yr old had training wheels on her bike -- yeah, I know - a wee bit ridiculous, but she would NOT let us take them off.  They were all weebly, wobbly on the bike, not even hitting the ground, but they were her security ....


Until my FD, McKenzie, decided she was going to take them off and my kid said "SURE!" -- now, Kinz did call and tell me what she was doing and asked if that was ok ... I told her "OF COURSE -- just take pictures!" ... now before you all slay me over what I'm about to say -- I have the patience of a flea .... which means I never pushed Kennedy to learn to ride her bike with no training wheels.  I figured she would do it when she was ready and I was right.   And YES, I know her headband does not match, but doesn't she look CUTE??!!  Oh, and this was just after a bad freeze -- my VERY EXPENSIVE palm tree is under that one sheet and another topiary that we JUST got is under the other one.  BOTH SURVIVED!!  Course, it was like 80 the next day - gotta love Florida -- and that's Crazy Cameron in the background trying to take his training wheels off ..... he did not succeed.

Here she is just going to town -- there are a ton of pictures of Kennedy riding.  My guess is she rode in the grass first before she ventured on to the pavement.  There are a lot of her riding in circles in the grass ... 

See??  Heading towards the grass ..


There are quite of few of her falling too -- she looks so cute though.  I am SO proud of her persistence!!

This is right after I got home from a Celebrity Golf Tournament I was working at -- I drove by and she was just going in circles in our driveway.  I pulled into our neighbor's drive and parked and she FELL!!  I went over to hug her and tell her how proud I was of her -- Cameron had the camera and he took this picture!  HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE IT?!!!

Now if I could just get McKenzie back to teach Cameron .... 

***  EDITED TO ADD:  MY KID DOES HAVE A HELMET!!  The strap broke on it the day before and I did not know she was going to be trying to ride the next day.  She tried to wear her brother's and it was too small ...... safety first is our motto, here at the Brock House ***

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I am sure McKenzie would love to teach Cameron to ride his bike w/o training wheels this afternoon. She will be searching for any excuse to leave as soon as she gets home to see that her room has been condemned and needs to be cleaned! Why is it that my girl will do anything for anyone but me? If I even ask her to take her sister for a bike ride she acts as if I just asked her to run a 5K and there she is teaching your kid how to ride her freaking bike. Please tell me your kitchen wasn't cleaned too? If it was, be a true friend and just lie to me ~ Ok Pumpkin!

Jill said...

Ahhh... what a big girl!

I tagged you on my blog. :) Happy Friday.

Lauren said...

Awwww, toooo cute! Glad you got that moment in pics :o)

Shawn said...

I've tagged you...Come On Ova, Come On Ova Baaaaby