Thursday, February 5, 2009

M.I.A. and suffering from C.H.A.O.S

C.H.A.O.S. = Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome

Oh LORDY!!  Where have I been!??!  Welll, I've been here and have been RECLAIMING my house! For those of you that know me personally, I have made it my MISSION to get organized and keep a CLEAN house. I need baby steps and I found this site while blog surfing one night. I love it and have recommended it to some other ladies that I love.

See, I am one of those people that really really HATES a cluttered house. I hate it - but I am a victim of it. I try SO incredibly hard to keep my house clean, but I just can't. I have a job that requires 32-38 hrs/week of me (some of which is working from home, and that to me is even harder b/c you get consumed in 'other' things), a daughter who's calendar is more packed then mine, a son who will change clothes 32x, drag out every.single.toy he owns, and just MESS UP, and a husband who helps, but mostly after a gentle nudge of 'Hey honey, can you ......' ... ALTHOUGH, he did cover our plants and trees last night without me having to ask him to do it - so major props to him for that. I do not come home to a clean house, I come home to a house that needs to be cleaned ....and resentment grows when I spend my weekends cleaning 6-7 hrs when I'd rather be relaxing and doing other things. SO I'm hoping and praying that the decluttering and cleaning and following of the rules on flylady can get me to that place where I don't feel embarrassed to have people over!! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I love our home -- it's HOME and it FEELS like home, I just want it to be CLEAN and KEPT CLEAN!

We did clean out our garage and it has lasted a whole month - which is HUGE for us b/c we will normally just 'put it in the garage' and that turns into 7 mths of not being able to park our car in the garage b/c of all the junk in it!!

I am done with the playroom - just need to get my decorating done in there. I will post a winner for the giveaway tomorrow! I have to manually put in some people that called me with suggestions as they saw it on my blog, but couldn't post for whatever reason,

Have a great rest of the week -- is it Friday yet??

Stay tuned -- got a great little thing I did in Kennedy's room -- it's adorable!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I can't wait to see what you have done in K's room!

I miss you..I hate being sick!

Lauren said...

Welcome back!!!! Hope you had a good day :o)

AndreaLeigh said...

girl, i totally identify! i am so unorganized and I panic if someone stops by without warning. i feel you! i like flylady and i've read all the books, but she stresses me out with all the emails.

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Dont you just love the flylady??!! I am feeling your post girl! I would be so happy if the magic flylady fairy would appear and totally clean and organize my house and my life!! Stay strong!!