Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let your light shine!

My house continues to be a work in progress - I am ALWAYS doing something, but I believe I've finally 'finished' the kitchen.  We hung this light when we first moved in.  It was a $10 ebay  find.  I have matching pendent lights over the island as well.


I had this new chandelier in the garage - sitting there for the past 2 yrs.  I didn't know what to do with it b/c it was silver.  We don't have anything silver in our house.  WELL, since I started blogging and reading all kinds of design blogs, I discovered a $3 can of black satin spray paint would transform this joker!  
I love it so much better over the table and it really adds a lot of light in the room - considering this is where we spend a TON of time!  My friend found the shades at Stein Mart on clearance w/add'l 40% so I paid about $3/each.  They are olive green with a black damask print on them.  I think I'm going to add some olive green eyelash trim to the shades as well.  I also added the "Bon Appetite" sign above the window and I moved the apothecary jars there when we had a party - to get them out of the way - but I think I may leave them there.  Just mix things up a bit!

The chandelier was a $30 find on ebay ~ I saw it in Lowe's for over $100 ... so I think I did pretty good!

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Girl I love everything!

You were standing on the coach for that picture weren't you. Searching for you inner Torrie?

It's gorgeous darling absolutely gorgeous!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

so pretty! i cant wait to have a house to buy chandeliers for!

Lauren said...

Nothing like finding those good deals :o)

Jill said...

LOVE the chandelier and what a deal!

AndreaLeigh said...

love it! i love the giant fork and spoon - where did you get it?